Jambands.ca

Noel Redding Dead at 57

Jaimoe

He died yesterday of " unknown causes ". I'm in shock right now. I love the original Jimi Hendrix Experience and I also love Noel's lead bass style and tone. There hasn't been a house and/or apartment that I've resided in since the 70's that hasn't had a Jimi Hendrix Experience poster on at least one wall. This is a sad day for me. RIP Noel.

quote:

I only attended three concerts when Noel played with 'The Experience,' as well as the Fat Mattress appearance in May of '69. I was also fortunate to have spoken with him on the telephone quite frequently over many decades. His sense of humor will be greatly missed, and can you imagine the gig up in heaven: Jimi, Noel, Miles Davis, & Keith Moon
???
Now he is away from all of the pain and toil of this planet. You'll be missed.

article on track records.coim

[Frown][Frown][Frown]

ill be listening to Noel alot tonight, right now ive got him playin not fade away on

Keith Moon in heaven?? I read the last biography on Moon and Keith was a bit of a monster. I highly reccomend this well written, researched and entertaining biography - Moon: The Life & Death Of A Rock & Roll Legend by Tony Fletcher. If anything, Moon might be in Purgatory.

Archived