Jambands.ca

Teenager Help!

Douglas

what an awesome weekend! We did some shopping in the Glebe on Saturday, but the only purchases were at Sugar Mountain (holy hyper kids!). Then we hit The Museum of Science and Technology, Mexicala Rosas for some dinner, and a movie. The evening ended with many giggles while watching Napolean Dynamite. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the camera with us on Saturday so no pics were taken.

Pancakes and fruit for breakfast this morning got us off to a good start. We rudely awoke Velvet from his Sunday plan to sleep in, and off to the canal we went. By the way, "poor conditions" on the website really means "don't bother!" We were close enough to the Beaver Tails though so it was still a fun time...and we had Velvet to keep us laughing!

EmilyKayla.jpg

BeaverTails.jpg

Lunch had to be had a Burger King since they all closed in Kingston now. With bellies full of burgers we ventured up to Parliament Hill and took some pictures. One picture was taken with the kids and I at the exact same spot my sister took of me during my first visit to Ottawa almost 19 years ago (very cool experience for me!).

ParliHill.jpg

ParliHill3.jpg

* [color:"purple"] what a great role model Uncle Booche is!

We walked around the back to meet the cats of the hill. Lucky for us, Mr. Chartrand was there feeding the cats at the time. We all reached into our wallets, including the kids who were happy to do so, and dropped some coins into the box (actually, we had to jam the coins in because the box was full).

cats.jpg

ReneChartrand.jpg

PrettyKitty.jpg

We got back home with 15 mins to spare until my sister came to pick them up. My mom and our other 2 neices came for the trip too, so we had a little visit with them too (would you believe that my mom said that Sammy is skinny now?!!).

I'm exhausted, although feeling very refreshed. A weekend to remember, and to do again and again and again.