Jambands.ca

::FAT CATS:: Saturday Mar. 12, The Boathouse, KW

Drawbar

Hey everybody,

So this is something new. We are playing at the boathouse full band, all acoustic. This should be a sweet show. They also have a house piano so I won't have to lug that hammond in!! Anyways, this Saturday night, March 12th at the Boathouse in kitchener. Hope to see everyone there!

VENUE INFO

The Boat House of Victoria Park

57 Courtland Ave. W.

Kitchener, ON N2K 4E4

Phone: 519-745-7202

Directions:

BOATHOUSE DIRECTIONS The Boathouse in Kitchener's Victoria Park (57 courtland ave west)

DIRECTIONS FROM TORONTO: take 401 west to hwy 8 - follow hwy 8 towards kitchener-waterloo, take hwy 8 for about 10 minutes and soon look for two choices - hwy 7 to guelph or waterloo & hwy 7 to stratford, take hwy '7' to stratford follow hwy 7 and take the first exit called courtland / dowtown (vear right) - follow courtland / dowtown for about 10 minutes to the VERY FIRST four way stop which is one block past Queen st. You're now in Victoria park. parking is on the right hand side across the street from the boathouse. The Boathouse is a small brick building on the small lake on the left.

Here is a map link for directions:

http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=...r+ON&country=ca

Directions from Hamilton:

1. Starting in HAMILTON, ON on MINTO AVE go towards BRISTOL ST - go 0.2 km

2. Turn left on BARTON ST - go 3.4 km

3. Turn left on LOCKE ST N - go 0.2 km

4. Turn right on YORK BLVD - go 1.8 km

5. Take ON-403 - go 1.4 km

6. Take ramp onto ON-6 - go 26.4 km

7. Turn right to take ON-401 - go 21.1 km

8. Take exit #278 onto ON-8 - go 8.5 km

9. Continue on KING ST E - go 2.7 km

10. Turn left on REGIONAL ROAD 6 - go 0.6 km

11. Continue on COURTLAND AVE - go < 0.1 km

12. Arrive at [5-35]COURTLAND AVE W, KITCHENER

and the link:

http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=bq...+ON&tcountry=ca

Have a good one.

Josh

Right On Josh,look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Quick question & maybe a dumb one....will the piano be mic'd? I was hoping to record but since I can only do SBDs (I have no mic's) with my laptop,I was wondering so I know whether or not to lug my laptop with me to the show or just come and get down & drink.

Cheers

edit to add:

I really can't remember the last time I saw a full band acoustic show from Fat Cats..perhaps 1997? Gonna be a great night.

Quick question & maybe a dumb one....will the piano be mic'd? I was hoping to record but since I can only do SBDs (I have no mic's) with my laptop,I was wondering so I know whether or not to lug my laptop with me to the show or just come and get down & drink.

If they're not planning on micing the piano, one option might be to mic the piano, but not run it through the main outputs of the soundboard, just into whatever outputs are feeding your laptop. (In essence, this would give you a custom mix for recording, rather than just a "copy" of what the main PA speakers are putting out.)

Aloha,

Brad

If they're not planning on micing the piano, one option might be to mic the piano, but not run it through the main outputs of the soundboard, just into whatever outputs are feeding your laptop. (In essence, this would give you a custom mix for recording, rather than just a "copy" of what the main PA speakers are putting out.)

Aloha,

Brad

I agree Brad,except I have no mic's for a matrix mix (can't afford em currently) and no idea of what the board is like.I only have the patch cables & laptop for a board recording.I leave that stuff up to the folks who have the gear,unfortunatley they never come out in these parts...

Sorry, I meant you should see if the soundman would do that for you. Even an extra SM57 (or just about any other kind of mic the venue has lying around) stuck into the piano, a foot or two above the strings, would work. Of course, this relies on having a friendly soundman who's willing to do extra work for the tapers, or having a band who's willing to ask for it.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, we should be able to drop a mic in the top of the piano. It should sound alright like that. I will check witht he sound guy when we get there. I have never played this venue beforeso we will have to see. Thanks for the kind words Tooly!

Have a good one.

Josh

Thanks Josh,very much appreciated,thats above and beyond the call of anything I would ask from you guys and I usually like to leave the sound guy alone (stay outta his way) so he doesn't have to concern himself with anything but the band so if it turns out to be an ordeal to do or just not possible no worries.

Cheers

Just a heads up for all that haven't been to the Boathouse...it's very cozy...so get there early if you wanna sit down...what am I saying..sit down??? For Fat Cats..I just hope they move some furniture so I don't have to dance on tables...this will be an excellent prelude to my birthday party...

Woo hoo *bump*....looking so forward to this show.Acoustic full band with a piano...oh man this is going be good.I figure I'll be hitting th 4pm bus instead of the 6pm with this weather,then visit the bar to scope it out and then over to visit Pink & Gator.

see you chumps in KW

a fantastic night to everyone... looks like its going to be an awesome one... sounds like the good troops are all rallying (and glad you're going to make it out there Esau, looking forward to hearing this one)

have some personal matters that require me to be here