Jambands.ca

MOSES MAYES - Whistler Sun. Mar. 13 2005 @ The GLC

StoneMtn

From Pique Newsmagazine...

Who: Moses Mayes

Seven-piece collective throws down funk fusion grooves. Tickets: $15. Ph: 604-905-2220.

Where: Garibaldi Lift Co. (GLC)

Anyone coming up?

(Dark Star plays the following night at the Boot, in case anyone wants to turn it into a 2 or 3-day trip.)

$15? Pffffttt... When I saw them in Toronto last summer it cost me about $6, and after leaving during the show (due to a total lack of interest) I was complaining about paying that much... Moses Meh would be a better name for them...

Then again everything in Whistler seems to cost at least 50% more than it should, right down to a green pepper!

(Hey Stone Mtn, I'm heading your way! I'm hitting the road tomorrow and visiting some friends in Van and Whistler for the next week or two. Anything good going on from now til the end of March?)

Well, KevO, here’s what I’ve got for ya…

March 14th Whistler: Dark Star (at The Boot Pub)

March 19th Vancouver: Ramblin’ Jack Elliott (and other “cowboy folkies” at a former Church in Vancouver – check out www.roguefolk.bc.ca)

March 25th Whistler: Pacifica (Latina Singer at the Garibaldi Lift Co. aka GLC – I know nothing about her but am told she is amazing live and “very sexy”)

April 2nd Vancouver: Reverend Horton Heat (Commodore Ballroom)

April 8th Whistler: String Cheese Incident (for free in the afternoon at the base of the Mountain)

April 8th Whistler: Zilla (member of SCI and others at the Boot Pub)

April 14th Whistler: Toots and the Maytals (also in the afternoon and I think free again)

April 15th Whistler: Spearhead (also in the afternoon and I think free again)

April 19th Vancouver: Arlo Guthrie (Chan Centre @ UBC)

I am going to all of the above, except maybe Toots; and probably not Pacifica. You should PM me when you’re going to be in Whistler; it's about time we met in person.

Everything in whistler is expenses, and since there's no snow, no locals have any $$$$. Thanks for all of those who came out, it was a great show and all the rest of the sold out western shows have been great too!

and dood, moses meh, ouch! come on man, what have we done to you to deserve that. I remember the guy who complained about $6 - our promoter told us about u lol, hopefully we can change your head in the near future.

werd

grant