Jambands.ca

Frontier Town style QOTD May 13

Hux

Ketchup ringalos are fabulous!

Baked potatoes on the fire are wonderful! Just wrap 'em up in foil and throw them in the coals. Corn is great this way too! Just soak the husks in water and wrap them in foil if the fire is too hot.

But my favourite...has to be that slightly scary but absolutely fabulous no-fridge bacon! Just warm it up and enjoy the piggy goodness.

Personally I like firing up the BBQ and having a giant vegetable grilling party. Recently I've begun grilling fruit too. Yummy! As far as snacks not needing cooking, I like: Trail mix, baby carrots, fruit of all sorts, granola bars, cereal and soy milk, cucumber, pickles, olives, cheese of many sorts, crackers, sardines, smoked oysters, hummus and pita, babaganouche (sp?), and the like.

Damn, can you tell it's lunch time? I'm hungry.

watermelon for the pasties and fruit sugar energy - other fruits

chips, potaoes, corn and carrots baked in the coals, humus and pita, big bag of peanuts, almond butter and raspberry jam sandwiches

and the frontier town staple... lots of liquid bread (beer!) [Wink]

i'm ALREADY a bruce county boy...born in wingham, past lucknow resident, cottage near kincardine...and every time i drive home from frontiertown i feel like i'm close to home...especially that first september morning when i went through bruce county to get to london...LONG WAY HOME...

sometime this weekend i'll be visiting the folks at the cottage. maybe i'll take a bath, maybe i'll try to swim in huron...but that's only if i think i'm gonna get in a fight and have to hide my balls.

Last year was the grey county omen. i'll stick to water this year. i'll see if it's true about the water. i'm pretty broke and don't mind the fasting. we'll see if i can cave if the chip truck is there. mmm...poutine...

happy belated birthday wishes boogieknight...hope you're happier knowing you're one step closer to 50. i ate too much chocolate to call you...Jason from jiva ju's chocolates rival your smores - especially since i'm not too sure his name's jason. it's a contest and if you ever need a judge...

what's goin on with the phones in london?? i couldn't even call the house to wake everyone up at a quarter to 2.

what gives?? i hope there's still a place to call someone else's when i get back.

quote:

Originally posted by phish stick:

ont he food topic heres a good way to eat mushrooms, thats realy easy. use those mini pita things and put peanut butter in them and then put the mushrooms int hema nd then eat them and then get high. iits quite simple infact.

did u taek this fr a test drive wihle sriting this???

[Wink]

Canned Beats, I have never met anyone that even knows where Wigham is, let alone who was born there (besides my family). I was born in Seaforth and raised until grade 1 in Walton. I visit Wigham every-other year or so to see my grandmother.

Boy we're hicks! Wigham is the real boonies. Has the population reached 500 yet? [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by scottieking:

As for snacks, most of the aforementioned are delicious, however let us not forget the all-time great camping snack (for us carnivores only) JERKY. Could be the best meat you get all weekend!

As long as it's not that teriyaki jerky shit.

My fave? Prime rib steak. It's not like you have to cook it or anything.

That, and Cheese Nips.

Boy did I ever luck out for tent-mates! With Dana the wonder chef and Krista the martini master I am in seventh heaven! I'll provide the good karma and ephedra to make our circle of bliss complete!

Can't wait to see everyone there and begin my first ever Jammy festival!!

Archived