Jambands.ca

Israel Vibration question

bONES

i love this band

they put on one of the best live reggae shows

i've had the pleasure of seeing them a couple times and wish they'd come up to Toronto

my question is this...what happened to Apple?

originally it was 3 of them...Apple, Wiss and Skelly

wha'happen?

i have the Vibes 3 cd box set from 2000 and there's a cd for each of them. Why are they now 2 and why is there no mention of Apple anywhere on their website?

i've wanted to know this for a long time...

anyone?

izzy vibes

guess i should do the research first...then post if i can't find anything

found this:

Apple Gabriel

“Don’t fight ‘gainst the Rasta man with him culture music, ‘cause the Rasta man no mean no harm, what Rasta man want to do is calm the storm”

Albert “Apple Gabriel” Craig

While it’s not uncommon to hear stories of a reggae star’s rise from the ghettos of Jamaica, few performers endured the struggle and have earned the success and international fame as Albert “Apple Gabriel” Craig. As an original member of the globally renowned harmony trio Israel Vibration, Apple has recently embarked on a solo career, and subsequently has released his first solo record, Another Moses. During his career with Israel Vibration, Apple was a major contributor to their “anthemic” songs and ethereal “bionic” roots harmonies, and he also wrote a seemingly infinite number of great songs, such as Lift Up Your Conscience, We A De Rasta, Why You So Craven, Oh Jan Solid Rock, Middle East, There is No End, Falling Angels, Mud Up and Rude boy Shuffling. With his solo career, Apple not only brings to mind his powerful work with Israel Vibration, but he continues to appeal to both new fans and old with his distinct personal style and trademark vocal sound.

At the age of three, Apple contracted polio and could not move the lower part of his body. Committed to the Mona polio rehabilitation center in Jamaica, Apple was subjected to medical experiments and regularly endured the conventional treatment for polio at that time, a blistering hot blanket wrap. “I would just sit down and sing everyday”, he recalls, “because I never have nothing else to do.” Apple taught himself to play the piano by watching the hands of his teacher as she played, and wrote his first song, “Things of the Morning” when he was just ten years old.

Musical backing is provided by The Zionists, a potent group of accomplished musicians who were chosen and named by Apple. The Zionists create the timeless “roots and culture” reggae sound that blends seamlessly with Apple’s incomparable songs and vocals. Apple Gabriel and the Zionists is a package of the most experienced, hard-working and devoted players of instruments, and poised at the brink of the millennium, the music of Apple Gabriel stands as the cutting edge of conscious, roots reggae music.

applegabriel.jpg

cowboy. you and i are something else. psychic connection, parallel thoughts, somn anyway.

moose lodge has been home to an issy vibes dance party the past couple of days, and today during 5/25/91 (if you don't have a copy let me know and i'll get one to you - it's great ::) i started thinking about apple too...

so, thanks for the info! exactly what i was wanting to know today :)