Jambands.ca

odd news...

bouche

I was just browsing some news on CNN and read this report of a fall experience by Prince William.

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Britain's Prince William fell from his horse on Saturday while playing against his brother Prince Harry during a tsunami charity polo match in western England.

The 22-year-old prince was unhurt in the fall and quickly remounted to carry on the game at Longdole Polo Club in Birdlip, Gloucestershire, which his team lost 12-7.

Britain suffered 84 confirmed deaths in the December 26 tsunamis in the Indian ocean, which were triggered by a major earthquake off the coast of Indonesia's Sumatra. (Special report)

A further 105 people are classified as "highly likely to be involved," meaning they are thought by friends and relatives to have been in the affected areas when the waves hit but have not be seen or heard from since.

The British numbers were dwarfed by a regional toll of around 300,000 people dead or missing, mostly in Indonesia's Aceh province but also in India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Maldives and east Africa.

That is big news!

In fact, this reminds me to call up our local paper and see if they'd like to report how I thought I lost my keys yesterday! (Luckily I found them a minute later.)

Where is that phone number for that reporter? People are gonna want to know about this...

Guest Low Roller

You'd think this type of news would make headlines here in England, but sadly we're too busy freaking out over the Micheal Jackson trial.

i saw a picture of that fall though - looked like he landed all crumpled up on the back of his neck, i'm surprised he wasn't hurt from that shot... well, y'know... he is the #2 to succession and all...

i could do a lot of good with that missle launcher. ;)

How in the hell can someone sell a rocket launching truck on Ebay?

you say its even better than a Humvee causing any red blooded American to drool whilst forgetting all about terror alerts and security... then put the part about how the purchaser must pay for shipping costs (about $10,000 US) in small print

simple.