Jambands.ca

Open Jam tonight??

Phred

There are usually two guitar amps: a small Marshall combo (an AVT-20?; it's a 1x12", IIRC, with a footswitch for clean vs. overdrive), and an old Traynor YGM (1x12", tube, one channel, with tremolo). There is sometimes a fuzz pedal hooked up to the Traynor. Just bring your guitar, and you're good to go.

Some players bring their own effects, some (like me) don't. I think CB may have left today, but I'm not sure.

Aloha,

Brad

Always fun to get a chance to sync up with the Phred Vibe...wish we could've played together, but you can't have everything.

There was a certain "epic" quality to a lot of the jamming last night. A couple of the jams suddenly went into jam-ending cerscendi at odd places (like a third of the way in), then stepped back transmogrified themselves into something other.

The last jam of the night, Oliver (who was borrowing Serge's guitar) and I did a change-up on the fly, him stepping down and me stepping up, with the rest of the band continuing; Jose (and other guitarist) and I ended up dancing around each other, twirls and piruettes of sound, like some of that abstract animation the NFB used to put out...

The second jam featured Leslie, a first-time and female drummer...the jam was disussed a little more (tempo, feel, key ["I have strong feeling about F," ISTR saying...]) before we started, and was one of the better ones I remember. It was loosely based on the main rhythm part of "Limb By Limb" (F to Fsus4 [or Gmin7]) and went places...

I'm not sure which jam it was, but somewhere along the way, I got lost (or left behind), and I had an amazingly fun time finding my way back; it was a transcendent experience.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived