Jambands.ca

Bizarre moment of the day....

ggrtrhhrtgg

So, I just took my car in to get the breaks fixed... and being such a lovely day here in St.Kitts I walked the few miles home... Through on Phish's CD sampler from Coventry, and had a nice groove for the walk...First thing I notice is that computer systems have really changed the landscape!!---I mean, its March Break, and I saw a handful of kids in my walk, no one was outside, and its probably 50 degrees and sunny out??!!!

Well, anyhow, I am walking down the road, and this boy--highschool age, approaches me, I figure he might ask for a smoke or something when he asks me "would you like to be my boyfriend if I don't tell anybody?"

Wow, wasn't expecting that today---needless to say, I politely declined---

[color:"purple"]I realize spring fever is in the air, and I am looking good these days--hehe but, what is going on with kids these days?? Get outside and play--PLEASE! ::

but, what is going on with kids these days??

Yeah, teens are always hypersexual, but the present batch seems to be very explicitly and unabashadly so.

I'd say good for them, except for all the studies that suggest that their knowledge/understanding of the various risks is seriously lacking -- including a disturbing lack of concern about AIDS.

The way that most of my days are structured means that I end up walking through or past throngs of young teens all the time ... regular random sexual advances are part and parcel of that. I find it's helpful to just find them flattering instead of alarming.

Two nights ago a young girl helpfully explained to me that instead of standing there waiting for the bus, what I should be doing is taking my clothes off for her ... who knew?

I don't know if all the talk of rainbow lipstick parties among just newly pubescent kids is exagerrated/overblown, but if they're as common as I'm lead to believe ... wow, that sh!t sure ain't spin the bottle or 2 minutes in the closet.

I don't know if all the talk of rainbow lipstick parties among just newly pubescent kids is exagerrated/overblown, but if they're as common as I'm lead to believe ... wow, that sh!t sure ain't spin the bottle or 2 minutes in the closet.

A friend of mine with adolescent daughters told me about these shenanigans (and how her daughters, of course, have nothing to do with them). Something about bracelets being given to girls for each sexual favour they perform. Right.

Man, I was so shy at that age. Who pulled these gals aside and taught them to be so slutty?

Well, anyhow, I am walking down the road, and this boy--highschool age, approaches me, I figure he might ask for a smoke or something when he asks me "would you like to be my boyfriend if I don't tell anybody?"

that's the fu©king bullsh!t.

it was soup ladle and you were outside the blue oyster bar. ::

Man, I was so shy at that age. Who pulled these gals aside and taught them to be so slutty?

You know the handbook we all got when we were adolescents? The one with the instructions on "how to remove your bra without taking off your shirt" etc.? It's been revised and updated for a new generation.

This flippant, wry observation brought to you by the number 13 and the letters s (e, x & y).

You know the handbook we all got when we were adolescents? The one with the instructions on "how to remove your bra without taking off your shirt" etc.? It's been revised and updated for a new generation.

Waaaahhaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaahaahaaaaa!!! :D Too funny SP! I think I got the 50s version of said handbook.

Truth be told, I'm a little relieved not to be a part of the new, disease-riddled generation. Ick! I wonder what these kids will do when they get bored of discovering sex...

Who am I kidding, I doubt anyone around here is sick of it yet. :P

I wonder why I never received a copy of that manual ... there I was, fumbling around like an idiot, not realizing there were clearly written directions available

I wonder what these kids will do when they get bored of discovering sex...

Haven't we all discovered that the answer to this is ... drugs? ;) (and when you get tired of discovering drugs? Sex on drugs, of course)

fu©k what ever happened to plain old kissing tag.

[color:"purple"] oral sex is the new kissing

Ah, but all this speculation about and judging of the 'youth of today' makes me feel old ...

that's the fu©king bullsh!t.

it was soup ladle and you were outside the blue oyster bar. ::

Soup Ladle is in FLA right now remember???

Get a call from those guys friday night, some dude with southern accent---"hey this Marc?" --yep. "where are you?" ---at home. "where's home, Canada?" ---yep. (here him turn aside and start speaking to the guy beside him. "you fu©king called Canada on my phone?" ---laughter. "Marc, get yer ass down here!"

Ah, but all this speculation about and judging of the 'youth of today' makes me feel old ...

Speaking of feeling old, I went to see a movie last weekend and one of the commercials before the movie was a pair of "boring parents" trying to entertain their brood with failed attempts at being hip (i.e. bustin' a move whilst rapping "Let Your Backbone Slide").

The people behind me were confused, "What does it mean to let your backbone slide?"

Old. Getting old.

I think I need to let my backbone slide to feel young again.

One of the K-8 schools that I work at just suspended 3 girls for charging 5 bucks for blowjobs on the playground. The guys would all stand in a group with a girls in the middle so that the teachers couldn't really see what was going on. fu©k what ever happened to plain old kissing tag

Holy crap. This is enough to scare me right outta having kids of my own. I think I first french-kissed a girl in grade 7 and probably touched a boob the same year, but I mos' definitely was not getting all bukkake in the playground at recess.

We need to find someone or something to blame for this.

i think what's even more disturbing is that the boys didn't get suspended. that's fu©king wrong. their punishment should be at LEAST as bad as the girls, if not more! i mean, who's taking advantage of who here? if they were grownups and this was prostitution, the cops would be all over the john's asses & ruining their lives by arresting them too!

very well said PP.

My oldest neice is 13 now, and I am so afraid for her. She's pretty and has some older friends. I try to talk to her, but by gawd she talks fast...I can hardly understand anything she says. Is it morally wrong to create an alias on msn and find out if she'll chat with a stranger/what she'll chat about?

very well said PP.

My oldest neice is 13 now, and I am so afraid for her. She's pretty and has some older friends. I try to talk to her, but by gawd she talks fast...I can hardly understand anything she says. Is it morally wrong to create an alias on msn and find out if she'll chat with a stranger/what she'll chat about?

No way, that's called entertainment.