Jambands.ca

new come together fest site and may lineup

mark tonin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the site and the festival lineup are looking great. Nicely done. I'm pretty sure you can count us in for this one. I will be nice to chill out with some mice again.

Now there is some news to get this mouse squeaking with excitement! :: :D:)

Hopefully the "pretty sure" will become an "absolutely positive" at some point ... we'd love to see both of you at the festival!

Peace, Mark

LMP - you should check out tent alarms. That's right, tent alarms!!!!

HAHA!! Well it looks like kuipy and I will be getting a pop-up camper this summer. I'm hoping we'll have one before the festival so I can have a nice comfy place sleep.

Maybe I should get one of those alarms for the cooler - keep the wooks away!

wookinfortheweekend.jpg

GET UP GET UP THE SUN IS SHINIIIIIIING... KICK MY ASS I LOVE YOU!!!

$5 BUNGIEE JUMPS!! KICK MY ASS FOR FREE!!

CIGARETTES AND SAMBUCA!!!

... and wouldn't you know it... that' just what showed up eventually! You sure know how to get what you want, s mc d!!

Funny, looking back on it, isn't it? Paisley and I were the two travelling companions of shawnald, not sleeping and being awoken... but only reaping the benefits!

del...i believe jaydawg is IN high plains drifter. I'd love to be in a band that plays CTMF...come now - play nice.

[color:"purple"] Really? I had no idea... Thanks for enlightening us once again with your wisdom Beats... Duh, of course I know he's in High Plains Drifter... What, am I new to the scene? My point being, I'm a litle tired of the shameless (repetitive) self promotion Jawdawg does, and I think there are better things to be interested in regarding this festival than their one hour Sunday afternoon set. I believe I said congrats to him, I just don't want to see this thread turned into another bump session (and not the good kind) by him...

GET UP GET UP THE SUN IS SHINIIIIIIING... KICK MY ASS I LOVE YOU!!!

$5 BUNGIEE JUMPS!! KICK MY ASS FOR FREE!!

CIGARETTES AND SAMBUCA!!!

... and wouldn't you know it... that' just what showed up eventually! You sure know how to get what you want, s mc d!!

Funny, looking back on it, isn't it? Paisley and I were the two travelling companions of shawnald, not sleeping and being awoken... but only reaping the benefits!

it seems quite a miracle that we actually got cigarettes and sambucca (black sambucca at that)... I think Tony Rage came over and fought Shawnald to try and shut us up (but then joined us for sambucca and cigarettes... after some flying high kicks)

ah, the memories...

That's interesting; we actually had this conversation (needing an all-star jam at CTMF) on Thursday night. Here's my wish list:

Drums - Craig Lapsley

Keyboards - Tyler Gibson or Jeff Heisholt ('ersh)

Guitar - Dave (Dr. Evil Mouse)

Guitar - Mark Crissinger

Bass - Brian Fettes (Fretman)

Sounds good to me.

OK, I couldn't hold onto this news any longer!

Just added to close out the May festival on Sunday night:

Vorcza

VORCZA

If Tom Waits played organ, you would be close to the Vorcza experience. This explosive trio that blends jazz, funk and world music features Ray Paczkowski (Trey Anastasio Band, Dave Matthews & Friends), Gabe Jarrett (Jazz Mandolin Project), & Robinson Morse (Viperhouse).

This trio of musicians and composers has a singular style of playing together. This is a music which takes audiences to dizzying heights of rhythmic and harmonic exploration and still manages to satisfy listeners who crave melody and nuance. They howl with intensity and whisper intimately with grooves of funk, latin and jazz.

-----

Now I'm even more excited for this festival ... what a great addition to the lineup!

Peace, Mark