Jambands.ca

new come together fest site and may lineup

mark tonin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VORCZA

If Tom Waits played organ, you would be close to the Vorcza experience. This explosive trio that blends jazz, funk and world music features Ray Paczkowski (Trey Anastasio Band, Dave Matthews & Friends), Gabe Jarrett (Jazz Mandolin Project), & Robinson Morse (Viperhouse).

This trio of musicians and composers has a singular style of playing together. This is a music which takes audiences to dizzying heights of rhythmic and harmonic exploration and still manages to satisfy listeners who crave melody and nuance. They howl with intensity and whisper intimately with grooves of funk, latin and jazz.

Hmmm... Tom Waits does play organ!! One of the first places I heard of him was on Roy Orbison's "Black and White Night" where he indeed plays the organ. I know.... not his main gig... but I went on to think of him as an organ player for years after that.

Anyway... we're really excited to be playing the first CTMF this year. It's definately a keyboard heavy weekend!!!! Can't wait.

Jeff

Interesting info about Tom Waits. Thanks for sharing Jeff. I didn't write the blurb on Vorcza, but when I read the Tom Waits line it grabbed me.

Really glad that BNB is also playing at the May Come Together Fest. I've never been as excited about a Come Together Fest lineup as I am for this one!

Hey, I just went to the Burt web site ... looking good ... nice work Jeff!

Peace, Mark

• 2 weeks later...