Jambands.ca

Welcome to Wednesday...

bradm

Well, after Monday's nastiness, it seems I just got the flipside of the karmic coin.

For 2004, my employer instituted an incentive plan: they set performance (revenue, profit, quality, etc.) goals for the company and its divisions, and if the goals were met or exceeded, everybody gets some bucks. How much you got would depend on how the company and your division did relative to the company's targets, your division's targets, your salary, etc.

It turns out that we actually beat the targets for 2004, so everybody gets some bucks. How much did I get?

FIVE THOUSAND, THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-TWO DOLLARS AND FORTY-NINE CENTS.

That's before tax, of course. I can elect to put all of part of it into the Group RRSP thing, and the company will match the funds by 50%, so I'll probably put half in the GRSP, take the rest in cash, and go succumb to my chronic GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) condition.

I wonder how much I would have gotten if I'd given myself a concussion on Monday...

:)

Aloha,

Brad

Awesome Brad! I love it when karma really works in the world (and doesn't just remain a concept to hope for). Talk about a speedy turn-around time though, eh? But I'm sure it had nothing to do with your self-inflicted injuries (I almost wrote "self-abuse", but we all know that's just plain fun! ;) ) and all to do with the good you do others!!

Enjoy!

I'm thinking of a G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow. If you saw later nero shows, this is the model of guitar that Dave used for "Darius". It looks like a Telecaster, but with a humbucking pickup in the neck position, and it's also semi-hollow (with one "F" hole). I want something that can go from funk to rock to jazz sounds, and I don't have anything hollow yet, nor anything with single-coil pickups, so this model looks ideal.

Aloha,

Brad

that wasn't tobacco, it was just a sunburst. I dislike gold hardware for the most part...it's all about the black or the chrome/pearloid.

those 'z' pickups look like they take the design of the split 'p' style pickup that was made famous on leo's Precision Basses...a single coil split in 2 and one of the sides flipped to buck hum but keep things single coil for a brighter and hotter output.

but brad...if you're going to spend a wad on a guitar i'd look into things and get in touch with some custom guitar makers...if you're going to lay down a hefty $2K (or so, give or take several hundred bucks) you could get something pretty wild.

or get that guitar...it's pretty cool too.