Jambands.ca

Doors Movie

cheesehead

Guest Low Roller

Personally it's one of my favorite movies for several reasons.

First and foremost is the music. I totally dig The Doors, and I've been listening to them longer than I've listened to the Grateful Dead or Phish.

Second, the cinematography is great.

And third, hell, it's Oliver Stone. He makes good movies when he wants to.

nothing beats that scene where Meg catches Nico blowing Jim in the elevator [Eek!]

has anyone ever seen the Ben Stiller show's parady of the Door's with Oliver Stoneland where families take a trip in a bathtub through the haunted mind of Jim Morrison, where characters from the Doors are electronic robots acting out scenes in a repetitive robotic manner, "Give me some Death", "No Jim, No", "Give me some death", "No Jim, No"

ahhh, the Ben Stiller show [big Grin]

Not a bad movie but check out the real thing. The Doors just released Soundstages which features a stunning version of The End, live in Toronto in 1967. Where was this footage hiding?

That's what the real Doors were like, raw, wild and experimental. Do they ever take the audience, expecting a 2 minute pop song about love and flowers, for a ride!

Steve

Definately a favourite of mine - I've owned it since I was a young teen! However, I am a doors fanatic!

I would agree with you all that Meg Ryan and Val Rock! They did an amazing job in portraying their characters.

Have you guys ever heard the vinyl produced the year after Jim died? It's the 3 of them without Jim - definately different.

Archived