Jambands.ca

what the thunder said

Deeps

I'll be there. You guys better be good.

True...

I'd hate to completely suck-out in front of my girlfriend and her jam band friends.

Might be in the market for some band cyanide if that happens -kidding- just trying to build a tortured musician facade before anybody finds out I'm having way too much fun with all of this.

See you Saturday.

Missed you at The Fat Cat's last night.

Deeps

I'd hate to completely suck-out in front of my girlfriend and her jam band friends.

I know. We'd just point and laugh and then go to a karaoke bar for the rest of the night and talk to Sara about who her next boyfriend should be.

Wear something revealing. You are a very handsome man.

I'm listening to the tracks from the website now, and they're not bad. The first one, 'bounce', is kind of generic/typical (non-descript; not bad, just not particularly memorable) jam/funk/rock. The second track, 'algo', is quite a bit better, and reminds me a lot of something Cake might have done, both musically and lyrically (along with how it's sung). The last track, 'el camino', is also in that instrumental jam-rock/groove vein; like the first track, it's got a good level of playing (and good-sounding recording), but my ears don't hear a lot of distinctive identity.

The above comments may sound harsher than I intend it; I'd like to think they're more observations than criticisms. If you make it to Ottawa, I'll try to come out. Do you guys allow taping?

Aloha,

Brad

Tape away man.

No worries on the criticism. That's part of the game and will only help.

The band is definitely in its infancy on that recording and we're developing everyday.

Only been together about a year and we just picked up a full time keys man so I won't be spread so thin. I played the keys and bass on the album, but am seriously more comfortable on a bass. Saturday in Guelph will be the first time I'm not running between keys and bass and with the 4 piece instead of 3 piece setup things are moving on up like Weezy J.

Thanks again,

Deeps

yes! - looking forward to meeting you bokonon and throwing full pints at the band; our only concern at this point is the threat of freezing rain coming in tonight, which is unfortunately the forecast. Barring inclement weather, we most certainly will be there! we're just going to wait and see what the forecast is like come 9pm-ish.

you know what bokonon...you are a sort of godDESS...but upon further contemplation I think I will sit this one out. I have raged a lot in the past few weeks and being that I am 24 now (no spring chicken you know) I think I should try to go to my job tonight and make money instead of spending it...thanks for the temptation though.

Nice night in the the G-Spot!! Congratulations on the turn-out guys, the room was very enthusiastic and I have no doubt good things will come from this showcase gig. Just keep playing and jamming and working and you've got nowhere to go but up! Your bass player is a bit shrimpy though.

Bokonon - 'twas a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Finally! Have safe travels and be sure to keep us updated on your well-being and adventures.

Go see "What The Thunder Said"!

(also, what a treat to get a pint of Keith's for $4.50! Grabbed a pint of Strongbow and a pint of Keiths and it was like, $9.50 for the two drinks. Bottles of beer were $3.50/$3.75. If prices were like that in Hamilton, I'd definitely go out more. I am so fu©king sick of having to slap down $15 for two pints of beer in Hamilton. I'd rather go out for a nice dinner and have some drinks at home. Or drink before I go out to see live music and only spend a little at the bar. I fu©king hate being gouged and it's steadily getting worse and worse around this town. Rant: over.)

Thanks for the kind words and constructive criticism.

The show on Saturday was a blast. Sweet dancing throughout the 2nd set and beautiful sing-along during the encore.

So greatful to the people that made it out and hope to see some new faces next time.

Set lists for those interested....

Set1

1. Femme D'argent (Air)

2. Take Five (Brubeck)

3. Cissy Strut (The Meters)

4. Here Kitty Kitty (WTTS)

5. Paul's Tune in 5/4 (WTTS)

6. Solsbury Hill (P. Gabriel)

7. Pusherman/Rodney Bellowes (C. Mayfield/WTTS)

Set 2

1. Uiit (WTTS)

2. Algo (WTTS)

3. Saint Omaha (WTTS)

4. Bounce (WTTS)

5. Summertime (Gerswin - Hopped up on Funk)

6. Tops (WTTS)

7. El Camino (WTTS)

8. Mike's tune in D minor (WTTS)

9. Moby Dick (Zeppelin)

10. E-Kick (WTTS)

11. First Tube (Phish)

Encore

1. Can't always get what you want (Stones)

2. Freakin' out over A7 and D7 (WTTS' new KB Player "Fraser")

This is about it...the order might be slightly off, but all the tunes are there, alright the order might is suspect at best, couple of indulgences after the show make this task a little difficult, but you get the idea.

Deeps

Deeps