• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.oxyabusekills.com/

Are people this bored?

Jesus throw a frisbee.

It's pretty amazing the shiznit people blindly decide to pump in their bodies.

Find some papers and a beer or something that grew out of the ground man!

I am inexperienced when it comes to white drugs of the world, but have read enough about the entire generations of genious musicians who's creativity depleted, personal lives deteriorated or just up and died to at least look in to the sh!t.

Some of these dumbass kids are really going to waste away some important years of their lives for no other reason than they didn't read up!

Blah blah......This topic has been informative on many fronts and I am enjoying the debates.

Deeps

The Phish Bashing League (PBL) shut down it's season and left the bargaining table last Summer, so the league Commissioners have started the Trey Bashing League (TBL) to keep revenue flowing. New players, a return to "family" venues, etc.

Watch in awe as Trey Anastasio develops his newest project(s) to critical acclaim:

"that's gay",

"this sucks",

"what he did before was better",

"if he did this it would be better",

"I hate Trey",

"why can't Trey do exactly what I think he should do?"

and "I am offended by the suggestion I should alter my opinion on anything anytime anywhere, therefore I am compelled to continue to believe that Trey's wang smells like Dave Matthews ass".

All of these statements are rendered defunct as of the next thing Trey does, whereupon they shall then forever be looked upon with nostalgia of the way things used to be.

Repeat cycle until Trey Anastasio dies.

"I love you Trey! You suck Trey!"

Mark O is a Genious.

Or does he suck?

Nice DMB "Wang" reference.

Smiling and not smiling at your witty retort.

I think it might be time to ignore this thread and talk aboot some positive musical trendation.

Mark you are a breath of air...the air comes from Hamilton and depending on prevailng winds I'm not sure how fresh you are but you're definitely efficient at blowing wind.

So (Attempt to make this thread useless) who likes Cat's Cradle? I used to play that action with my sister all the time, but that move with the pinkies was too much so I quit and joined an Es Chico Chico Guild.

http://www.ifyoulovetoread.com/book/chten_cats.htm

stella ella ola chak chak chak ces es chico chico chico chico chak chak es chico chico fullo fullo fullo fullo fullo so...1,2,3,4,5...

Useless yet?

I agree with StoneMtn' assessment of Coventry and MoMack's assessment of bootleg gear.

Telling people they have to go home and then letting in all comers involves either a) a lie, or B) unsafe grounds. One way or the other, Phish fu©ked us over that time, and for what, $150 a pop?

To my mind, bootlegging t-shirts is along the lines of what Napster was. For every dollar lost to the artist probably several more dollars were made.

And before somebody says "what about if someone was selling bootleg nero gear outside of shows?" I will tell you that a) it happened, and B) I welcomed it.

I don't think I Trey bash, I think he is a great, great guitar player and has invested a lot of time in being a good musician. I am dissapointed that he seems to have thrown it away on stupid drugs, but his past redeems his present.

Coventry felt like watching a comedian bomb - I felt bad for Trey. One day he will clean up, listen to the tapes, and realise what he did to his fans. I'm glad I don't have a pit of despair like that staring me down.

I've got my gun ready, and farmland in the family. I've been working on survival skills. It's going to be a tough transition, but we should all be ready just in case...because everything has been going to sh!t since Hampton 2003. Whether a few years from now or a few dozen, it's best to be prepared and ready to allow your DNA a path into the future. That's what really matters. Get the mama's pregnant and spread the seed of Heady love. Walking around Coventry trying to find the Stash you lost somewhere along the way was easier to get back in your possession than it was for Trey during the same song. "Has anyone seen a tin of Altoids??- except theres not really Altoids in it??" if Trey had of stuck to that riff instead of trying to play "I've got pictures of david lee roth licking my dogs balls, 2 dollars!", he would have been alright. What happened to him, you wonder to yourself? His creed used to be 'to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.' Now, it seems like he sings the Wookette doing the invisible cube dance creed "My bowl's got a hole, I need a nugget to plug it." So as I laid in my bed last night i was thinking about my buddy who got his wallet stolen at the the Great Went by the the Waterwheel kids and he taught me that "Phishy" biz is a part of a mean scenesters life...then when I saw the dudes at the Hisser beat up another kid who was jocking the ballys' for 3 bucks I was like, what up with that dawg? WHOA..eeeeze up. What about the vendors who sell the legit hep a's and cheesers? How will they get their mollys and pins for the next week or show? The Redneck was coming on stage most nights having a lump of dirt and grass stuck in his eye and looking really spun. As he would over-take the stage, he could be over-heard to yell out "THE MONKEYS NEED TO BE FREED!!! FREEDOM FOR THE MONKEYS!!!" Yeah one time me and 2 of my friends were on acid and we were really messed up. We decide to smoke some weed, but then my one friend is like "hey lets go the gas station and fill your bong up with gas" and I'm like "sh!t, thats the best idea ever." So we go to the gas station and I'm like "fill'er up for me, premium" and then gave him the bong. So then i hit it "wow" it was a rush, but then i almost died from the gas, it was cool though, went to the hospital and had a little brain damage, no worries its all good though. Later on, I read an interview with Red Sonjia, and this sums it all up, 'every single day at work, I walk to the cooler and forget what i needed. I'll stand in there for a long time and not be able to remember, as soon as I decide to do something else I remember what I was originally doing and the cycle repeats itself until Sandsy comes in and tells me it is time to do something else that I forgot I was supposed to do.' Its a little known fact that Trey was spun out on some Garcia print blotter at Coventry, and had to go to the med tent because of a cut on his foot, only to find out it was just covered in mud. He walked in yelling out "ohmygod!!! Is Bob Weir here too?" It all makes sense if you think about it. Trey's mindset had a direct impact on how everyone else was feeling. At 12-02-03, this dude strips completely naked, pulls out his pubes, screams at phish, flicks them off, and then huddles naked into a small ball in his seat until cops came. They threw him in a bedsheet and dragged him away. As soon as Trey realized that control for smilers COULD be bought, it was game over.

maybe they bash because theyre jealous? maybe theyre envious of the $ hes got and they dont? maybe they wanna be as high as he is, or how high you all think he is?

is there even anything to base this oxy-trey connection on? or just wishywashy here say, or wanting trey to be fu©ked on dope? i think most ppl just figure, eh, hes rich rockstar, he MUST b flyin on something

just my 2 cents

I think people bash Trey because they are immature. Why would anyone waste so much time on something they claim to dislike? It is fine to post an opinion on something when a discussion is happening, but to harp on something over and over again and try to convince people to think how you do is ridiculous.

I have been a fan of Phish and Trey in particular since about 1994. Not the most hardcore longtime fan, but certainly a big enough fan to travel many thousands of miles and spend many many thousands of dollars seeing the music I learned to love. Did I go to Phish shows to get a message and learn something from the band? Hell, so - that is what real formal education is for. I was inspired by the friendship they had, their incredible talents on the instruments they play, and their ability to engage a crowd and allow everyone to have a good time.

I have been to all of the major festivals and posted my opinion of Coventry on here a few times. The fact that some of the bashers on here weren't even at Coventry is hilarious. They are bashing because of some crappy tape they heard and what their super heady friends have to say. I was there, it was not the best show I ever saw, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It was an amazing experience, and I will long remember it for the emotional, difficult weekend that it was.

I like the Trey band and all the incarnations of what it has been. I can't wait to see and hear the new version either. I am sure he has some excellent ideas and a new direction to go in. Even though I don't know the man, I am concerned that he is throwing his life away with drug abuse. He has an amazing ability, it would be a waste to lose him too early.

I guess the reason people bash Trey is the same reason people bash anything, they feel threatened. Why someone feels threatened by a band changing styles or direction is beyond me. I guess that is why only those who haven't really been out of their parents houses too long are so concerned with what Phish or Trey does. I found as I went through life other things got much more important (wife, kids, pets, parents, job, bills, etc). The older, more mature fans I meet are more grounded and realistic.

Sorry to ramble, but I hope Trey bashing goes on for good. It will make life much easier for me when trying to get tickets.

I think people bash Trey because they are immature. Why would anyone waste so much time on something they claim to dislike? It is fine to post an opinion on something when a discussion is happening, but to harp on something over and over again and try to convince people to think how you do is ridiculous.

Can't agree with you for a second there. I mean seriously, when something I care about isn't as I feel its supposed to be should I just turn my back, be silent, crawl away and die?

Maybe people Trey bash because they care. Because its gone downhill. In the early 90s I couldn't understand why people bashed Jerry and the dead etc. etc. Well let me tell you, its now 10 years on and the only time 90s dead ends up in the stereo is when I'm feeling nostalgic. If you're turning to a good dead show you're going way back...

I think that can be applied to the scene as a whole - at least with phish et al. Its corrupted, and Trey is the poster boy for the corruption.

Its got nothing to do with jealousy. Its got nothing to do with immaturity. In fact, its keepin' it real.

People bash Trey because the internet has made people spoiled brats and instant critics. They want to download last night's show now and are prepared to make an instant judgment. That's the current climate of our culture and there's some immaturity inherent in there.

When everything is available to you, nothing is good enough anymore.

well, when it comes to music I don't necessarily subscribe to the "if you don't have anything nice to say...." credo. It's fine to not like something, and say so. However, if that's all you do, then you're not really saying anything anymore. You're just keeping yourself company and allowing countless people unsolicited insight into your own personal inadequacies and hangups.

I wasnt directing that at you per se as much as people in general... i mean thats what critics are for right? And you wonder why Phish broke up when one by one everyone became a critic that they had to listen to... Do you think Jaimoe's favourite band the Tea Party's fans are as critical as Phishheads? I dont think so... well except for Jaimoe that is...

Not sure if the "immaturity" and 'nice or nothing' comments are headed my way (and I am just having good fun/discussion with all of this, nothing personal) but I'm not too sure anyone besides Velvet has addressed any of my points about why people Trey bash.

I mean, to say people Trey bash because they're stupid or immature isn't really much of an argument is it? I mean, thats not an argument, you're just contradicting [oops times up, that'll be 5 more shillings, no it won't, I'm affraid if you want me to argue you'll have to pay]

Telling people they have to go home and then letting in all comers involves either a) a lie, or B) unsafe grounds. One way or the other, Phish fu©ked us over that time, and for what, $150 a pop?

agreed.

coming from newfoundland it was a TREYK.

all they had say (after mikes announcement)was there will be ONE more show after this eg. a month later or a week later or whatever, therebye telling me to go home, but AT the very least putting the ball back into my court so if i chose i could make the effort again.

coventry cut a deep wound,

i love trey,

spencer