Jambands.ca

computer help..please

bONES

i have a laptop

i also have use of a pc that i want to continue using for burning/downloading music

thing is the pc has a giant old skool monitor that takes up 1/2 the desk!

can i get rid of it and patch the tower into my laptop and use that monitor for both computers?

thanks

If I'm reading you correctly, you want to use the laptop's screen as a monitor for the tower PC. I don't think this is possible; most laptops will let you feed their video out to another monitor, but I don't think I've seen any that let you feed an external video signal into the laptop to be displayed on its screen.

Aloha,

Brad

If I'm reading you correctly, you want to use the laptop's screen as a monitor for the tower PC. I don't think this is possible; most laptops will let you feed their video out to another monitor, but I don't think I've seen any that let you feed an external video signal into the laptop to be displayed on its screen.

Aloha,

Brad

...unless you want to get elaborate and run"virtual machine software over a network connection. the PC then becomes available as a program window on the laptop.

i wouldn't guarantee that it would work happily though. most VM software is meant for helpdesk type stuff, i don't know how much you can actually do remotely.

google "virtual machine" for more.