Jambands.ca

Schoolhouse Rock Vol. 2: May 7th - Chatham!!!

backbacon

Good luck on getting down here, Jen! HOpe you can make it.

Okay, I am pretty much a zombie right now... I set out to 'take it easy' last night. Dj'd a stag & doe at the shcoolhouse. I was planning to pack it up at 1 am... nope though. That place is impossible. The freaks finally showed up (stu, zeddy & co.) at almost 1 am adn the party started then... five hours later I'm finally making my way home. Ugh. Time to get a TON of shit done.

I just picked up some light. Anybody who is interested in running the lights tonight gets some free beer and such. Any takers? Maybe a couple folks could go in shifts.

Safe travels all out of towners.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that sure was a Jim-Dandy time. Don't really remember going to bed, but I know it was getting pretty light out.

Thanks Keri, the bands, and all the others for another smashing schoolhouse rock.

No zombies this time!

Make it a 2 day thing next time!!! Would have been awesome with that weather.

Another awesome time in Chatham -- great grooves, great friends, great dancing.

thanks to the musicians, Keri for organizing, and the other gals for dressing up (who knew bad schoolgirls could have so much fun!!)

highlight of the (very late) night: an extended (and nearly acapella) version of "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" featuring Keri and Julia on vocals. Please, please tell me that got taped. Oh -- and Keri's "Rubric Cube" song -- also priceless!

please post pics if you have folks!

and Keri -- I'm PMing you my address for that Golden Country CD, -ok?

Wow, what a fun night ... thanks to everybody that made it to the show ... class was full and the students were rowdy!

Extra-special thanks to Keri for throwing an awesome party!

As the sun came up on Sunday morning and I walked outside the schoolhouse to take in the beauty of the morning, I felt like I do as the sun comes up at a Come Together Fest. What a magical feeling!

See you all at Izzy's for the Come Together Fest!

Peace, Mark

P.S. And my apologies ... we never ended up doing the seamless transitions between bands, as we didn't end up with enough sound gear to make it happen smoothly.

It's Monday morning and I just sat down at my desk... still have a smile on my face... still have a nice afterglow from this night... totally ready for CTMF now.

Can't wait to see you all there FOR THREE DAYS of this!

THANK YOU KERI!!!

That was awesome! You sure showed this out-of-towner a good time. Wow! I made it out alive...barely. Still feeling like a zombie today. That schoolhouse is an absolute blast. Let's do it again.

However, I'm still a little puzzled at how quickly one of the best nights of my life morphed into the most physically excruciating morning I've ever had. Urgghhh! It was like spring training for CTMF. I think I'm ready now. ;) Thanks Sarah for putting that cold facecloth on my forehead...you may have saved my life.

So nice to finally see Harvard Mouse...and meet so many good folks. I totally forgot about the Keri/Julia jam in the early hours...hilarious! Thanks also Keri for throwing that Paul Simon disc on when the sun was coming up. It was perfect.

Hey Paisley! How'd you enjoy that Kaidy Mae Breakfast Special? Hahaha! You slayed that bottle of O.E., you champ you. Nothing says "Good morning, Chatham!" like 40 ounces of malt liquor.

I think the highlight of the night was running into a chick I met at the Terry Fox Centre...10 years ago! We hadn't seen each other since.

Also big thanks to Ike & Band Whore for driving and being great hosts on Friday night (you wild fuckers). Thanks to Paan for braiding my hair (I hope you like the tea), to Studog for giving me a place to rest my weary bones (dirty!), to Palace Princess for all of your help (can't wait to see you at CTMF!) and to all the other naughty schoolgirls and boys who made that such an awesome night! I hope we'll be allowed to come back. That place sure looked like a good time was had in the morning. :P See you all at CTMF!

What a fantastic night. Thanks very much to the bands for makign the trip down and putting on a fanastic show!! SO many poeple were coming up to me and exclaiming what top notch musicianship they were witnessing. I could only fully agree.

Thanks to all the people that helped out with everything. Becky, I could not have done it without you. Thanks very much. Zeddy, Stu Dog, Schwa... thanks for your assistance.

Thanks to everyone that came out for the show. ALl of the out of towners from KW, Hamilton, Toronto, Brantford... all places in between... it certainly was a nice reunion of some fantastic people!

The music started at around 10 pm and continued with only very small breaks right on through til about 4 am I think. Even the police showing up twice couldn't slow down the party! I honestly think that both bands played the best I have heard them play. I am looking forward to listening to the SBD's from the whole night.

ON A SERIOUS NOTE:

In the AM, whilst cleaning up the main room, a number of cases of beer, as well as three 60 ounce bottles of booze went missing from the kitchen. This was extremely disheartening to me. What is more, it brought me from making a small profit on the night, to losing. I'm asking anyone who might have ANY information on this subject to please let me know.

ALSO, my digital camera (Canon Powershot S45) and mini disc recorder were no where to be found when I went to pack them up in the morning. I'm thinking the recorder may have been packed up with one fo the bands gear. I hope so, it had a disc of music from the night on it. Any information as to the whereabouts of these things would be GREATLY appreciated.

Oh jeez... I forgot to thank INSTAGATOR who was a HUUUGE HELP over the entire night!! It was a wonderful surprise to hear that you were going to make it down after all and you really were of major assistance in having things run smoothly all night and well into the morning too! Thanks buddy!!

amazing times... awesome... many thanks to good Keri, Becky, the bands and assembled crew

bands were totally on for sure, all night... weather just right and a great gathering of folks together to chase the dawn

you guys were right about the CTMF feel, most relaxed I've been partyin in a long while... the cop came in and stood at the back of the room, got talking to a couple of ladies, nodding his head to the music, and said have a great night with a smile on his way back out... good police work!

fun to party with the American folk, the Chatham gang and all the many travellers... you guys all rock

thanks again Keri, well done! hope your recording stuff shows up... thats low for someone to walk away with a pile of booze from that party, if it wasn't a mistake that soul has a stone heart... we'll have to party you up right one night to show our appreciation for throwin such good parties

such good times

Did anyone end up wearing that dunce cap? And whatever happened to that poor bloke who was passed out at the front table for like 5 hours? I sure hope he wasn't there when the cops showed up. They were nice guys, but were as intimated by the schoolgirl garb as I was of the blue uniform. LOL They weren't really up for dancin'!

Thanks for the pics Pais!

and the zombies came out to play.....

hello and thanks to everyone who came! i was so happy to see all of you, thanks to everyone who came from far and wide to rock it down zombie style! kaidy mae, it was great to FINALLY get to meet you, and jenni! welcome to the board! it's been waaaaaaaay too long! i was so happy to see your adorable face. i must give big high fives to the brave americans who crossed the 49th to rock it out, especially you, steveland.... now that is dedication. on behalf of canada, i would like to apologize for our border folk. i mean, i know you're hot, but c'mon.... ;) heh heh

as usual, the bands put on a great show, and keri, you are the most fun party organizer i've ever come across. you put so much into these events and i don't think anyone is capable of adding the fun flave you do to shows. so thanks for another great night, it was my pleasure to help in any way i could.

huge, huge, huge thanks to anyone & everyone who helped out, instagator, schwa, s2, you guys were SUCH an enormous help. oh and thanks to alexis & scott for taking the tent down!

and yes, on a more serious note....

it really, really sucks that some deplorable fucking cretin(s) can take it upon themselves to steal things that do not belong to them. under everyone's nose, and in the morning after the whole night has gone smoothly. and it makes me furious that someone could do that to KERI of all people. KERI, who goes above and beyond to create a fun-filled night for everyone, KERI, who puts so much into each one of these events, things he does not have to do at all, and he does them all just to make sure you have the most fun possible. so to you fuckface(s), do you know we were there until 4:30pm on sunday cleaning everything up? do you know how much work is involved in organizing one of these things? do you really think someone who is willing to go above and beyond to make a nice night for you to come out to, deserves to be ripped off? most of all, do you have any idea how much you truly and deeply suck, and how much i cannot wait to laugh heartily at your misfortune when karma comes and rips your fucking balls off? yeah, well you can bet it will be a million times more than you enjoyed your freakin' stolen property. bitches.

i would like to thank everyone though, who cooperated with the very few 'rules' we had in place, particularly keeping out of the back area. and please, please, please, please, please, if ANYONE, saw ANYTHING (like maybe someone loading up a car with cases of unopened beer!!!), please speak up. you're not ratting anyone out. scum like that deserves to be outed and you won't be less of a person for giving a heads up. it would really be nice to know who is so truly pathetic on the inside.

so, if ANYONE saw ANYTHING that even resembled people walking off with the following, please speak up. frick, open up a fake-name hotmail account & send an email if you want to remain anonymous.

and to give the benefit of the doubt, in case any of these were truly absent minded, walking-off-with accidents, i shall label the following merely as "lost":

- about 3-3/4 cases of stella, 2 60's of rye, 1 60 of absolut, and probably a few more cases of other kinds of beer, 50, blue and/or blue light. OH, and my 4 pack of caesars that weren't even for sale. fuckers.

- a mini-disc recorder (looks like a small, slim, silver walkman)

- silver digital camera in navy blue carrying case

- ghetto blaster

there were also a couple of things left behind (surprisingly not much this time!):

found:

- man's black leather jacket

- baby blue/med. blue sleeping bag

and not to end this on a totally angry note, i will say that overall the night was a huge amount of fun. we had a number of schoolgirls show up (you gals rule!!!!!!!!) and people were mostly cooperative and courteous, and great to be around. with the disappointing exception of the theft, the night really was fun and good all around. i truly hope everyone who came had a good time, and i look forward to seeing you soon!

so sorry to hear of the theft, guys. I really do hop eyou find out who is responsible so their true colours can be exposed. what a damn shame! still, the photos tell of a good time had by all (not enough schoolgirl photos though... heh heh).

I must get out of town to party one of these days.

wow....very sad story about the theft, sure casts a dark cloud over the evening...i was in a very bad space saturday on account of a really bad cold that had just started to blossom...i'm off work today and preparing to go back to bed and resume my sweat-fest and get this out of my system :)

very sad to hear about the late-night liquor theft...what a terrible thing to do to the kindest party planners i've ever met...i sure hope that something turns up, maybe we'll need to do another one this summer as a benefit concert for Keri...

i only had a chance to talk to a few of the many very cool folks that turned up...a high fever and tylenol cold pills seem to be a bad combination for speaking & being social!

thanks to ricky and ryan for siting in with us and adding an extra dimension to our first set...and as usual, DD was on top of their game...Circles temporarily made my cold go away!

thanks to the mice and particularly the chairmouse for making sure that my gear got home safely while niffermouse got me home and full of cold medicine...hopefully i'm rid of this nasty bug by CTMF, looking forward to actually being able to speak (coherently) to more of you fine folks then!

Thanks everyone for putting up with my antic on the night...sometimes..well i guess I don't REALLy need to explain...wicked times children!!! Kaidy-mae cool to meet you!! Alexis always a pleasure to see you and I will look forward to CTMF...thanks Bokonon for helping my friend get home safe to KW...and of course Ricky too. I'll see you all in a couple...and if anyone talks to Marsha could you tell her that she has my fleece and to get in touch...if I don't talk to her get her to bring it to CTMF

Keri and PP -- I'm so sad to hear about the thefts -- that sucks so much that someone/ some people took advantage. And I know it's hard not to take it as a personal attack when it happens. Not to excuse the behaviour at all -- but some drunk/wired asshole was not thinking of the (emotional) impact it would have on you guys, was just thinking of immediate personal gain, and hopefully once they sober up (and possibly read these posts) they'll realize how stupid, selfish, 'assholish' it was and make amends. I hope so.

I'm really hoping the camera and recording device were sincerely "picked up" by mistake and that the mistake is resolved quickly. We'd all be saddened not to have the ability to re-live that night in pictures and music!

you both again are to be thanked and congradulated on bringing off another fantastic night for all of us. I hope you know how many people appreciate you both. I second the motion for a fundraiser if need be.

hey PP, the sleeping bag is mine. i left it in your tent because alexis was still sleeping on it and i didn't want to wake her. so if you could just bring it to CTMF, i'll get it from ya there.

also, someone walked off with my grey sweater jacket. i'm sure it was just a mistake, but if anyone happen to grab it, i'd love to get it back. it's my favorite jacket!

anyways, what a great time!!!! i don't think there's even a word to describe how wonderful a time it was. thanks so much to Keri, PP, jay, mangy, both englishs, and anyone else who helped pull that night off. i feel all warmed up for CTMF now, and can't wait to get down canada-style again! it was wonderful meeting all of you i haven't had a chance to before, and seeing all the familiar faces too!! i really wish i saw you all more often. if anyone wants to take me in for a weekend, i'd love to come visit more often!

anywho, i'll be seeing ya'll in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

PS AMERICA, F@CK YEAH!!!!!