Jambands.ca

Favorite TV shows of your Youth..

gentlemonkey

Smurfs, Heman, and Dugeons and Dragons were pretty important on saturday morning.

I remember growing up with Nighttime TV watching Magnum, Simon and Simon, Remington Steele (The early 80's had lots of detective shows), The Cosby Show, Three's Company and...well so many more already listed and not.

There are a few tv show screenshot sites out there which can make for a nostalgic ride.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you on the D&D cartoon, that was awesome... I remember watching V, Dr. Snuggles, The Incredible Hulk, Max Headroom, You Can't Do That On Television, Pee Wee's Playhouse, Alf, He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe, too many to mention...

Catle Franenstein was intense i loved it with vincent price and the wolfman Dj, also Gi Joe,Ninja Turtles,Transformers, And i mustn't forget the Infamous rip off of the transformers...the GoBots!!!

Go-Bots came first and Castle Frankenstien rocked hard.

Really i honestly thoght they were a rip off of trnsformers, but they still kicked ass when i was young!! Castle Frankenstein should still be on, even the kids now would dig that show and if they didnt, i sure would still like to watch it saturday morning eating capt runch and buring a big Bob marley special!! It would make my whole day!!hhaha

A co-worker and I were just reminiscing, about favorite sitcoms, cartoons and shows we grew up on... This was my first favorite show.. Battle of the Planets/ aka- G FORCE

Apparently the original cartoon was only made for a couple years. I used to think it was the best sh!t on earth, and I even dressed up as Mark - the white one, 3 halloweens in a row.

I was all about the Little Rascals before heading off to school. Me and my pal kept a piece of paper with all the LR episodes on it that we'd seen. It must have been them all.

Then we'd watch G-Force after school. Jason was my favourite. I took to brooding at an early age.

I still consider myself youthful, but when I was even more youthful I like Scooby Doo, Grape Ape, Looney Toons for sure, The Superfriends, all the same shows that are still my favourites today.

:)

Scooby doo was way ahead of its time. The only cartoon of the 70s to portray homosexual characters in key roles ie Fred and Thelma. It also glorified drugs and feeding them to your pets. I only wish I could have seen Daphne naked atleast once.

Frightenstien is over 'cuz Billy Van is dead. Man, how I loved that show (except The Librarian, who scared me to death).

I lived for Sesame Street as a child (it debuted when I was almost 2), as a youth, and as a teenager. I gave up on it when it hit the Sesame Park sh!t.

My first favourite non-kids show was Planet Of The Apes. I was allowed to stay up late for it (I think it was on at 8 or 9pm, but on a Friday). It was on right after Dragnet, which I didn't watch, but I remember catching the end of Dragnet once and it was a bunch of KKK burning crosses and beating black guys. Then of course it ends with the obligatory "The scenes you have just witnessed are true, the names have been changed..." thing, and it really freaked me out. My mom was there and I was like wtf! and she said there were bad dudes who killed black guys, but I didn't have to worry 'cuz I was white. I was only slightly less freaked out.

When I was 12 or so Battlestar Galactica, Logan's Run, and CHiPs were big for me, but nothing could touch The Muppet Show. I knew when I grew up I either wanted to be a motorcycle cop or Gonzo. I believe I chose wisely.

As an adult, and in retrospect, I would place these as some of the best shows of all time:

The Muppet Show

TV Nation

Larry Sanders

The Twilight Zone (the b&w ones, with apologies to The Grateful Dead)

Early Sesame Street (they are on occasionally, as Sesame Street Unpaved)

I must have watched Three's Company 3 times a day at one point in the early '80s; despite the fact that the show took a serious downturn after the Chrissy Years.

It's impressive that the network could actually run a series for years in which every single episode ends with, "Oooooohhhhh!!! I get it! You see, I thought you were..., but really you were...! What a hilarious misunderstanding!"

[color:"purple"]Pure genius.

Circle Square

hahaha...awesome!

Fav TV shows from the 70's -

WKRP In Cincinnati - still my favourite show of all time

MASH

All In The Family

The Jeffersons

Good Times

Hockey Night In Canada

Saturday Night Live

The Carol Burnett Show

Maple Leaf Wrestling

Global TV Wresting

The Wonderful World Of Disney

The Brady Bunch

The Partrige Family - which I still think is funny

The Monkeys ( re-runs of course )

Gilligans Island ( re-runs )

Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em - BBC comedy with Michael Crawford

those were all my favourites too!

I loved scooby doo and the flintstones

carol burnett was always funny

some mothers do have em was brilliant! one of my all time favourites for sure.. Frank was the funniest character on that show.

i also loved a show called The Famous Five on cbc after school. It was a British show based on the adventure books written by Enid Blyton (my favourite author as a kid).

anybody remember the goodies?

bbc show probably on pbs' wnpe when i was a kid.

Definitely! Bill Oddie, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden. It was definitely in the crazy/manic vein, almost like The Goon Show. I watched a lot of British comedy growing up (mostly on WNED, the PBS station out of Buffalo), and I'd rank it up there with "Monty Python's Flying Circus" and "Not The Nine O'Clock News" as one of the best sketch/skit-based shows (as opposed to plot-based shows like "The Goode Life" and "Two's Company").

http://www.goodiesruleok.com/

Aloha,

Brad