Jambands.ca

Favorite TV shows of your Youth..

gentlemonkey

"There's a voice that keeps on calling me.

Down the road. That's where I'll always be.

Oh, every stop I make, I make a new friend.

Can't stay for long. Just turn around, and I'm gone again.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down.

Until tomorrow, I'll just keep movin' on.

So, if you want to join me for awhile,

just grab your hat, and we'll travel light. That's hobo style.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down.

Until tomorrow, I'll just keep movin' on.

Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home."

littlest.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh heh Velvet,

I get the same feeling from the Flintstones ending! When either the intro theme starts for that or Spiderman, I get extremely hungry and a craving for 'Chef-Boy-R-Dee' beefaroni or Ravioli. Zoodles and Alphagetti slide into the mix from time to time.

Actually, I had a can of Beeferoni for the first time in about 4 years on the weekend. It made me want to watch the Flintstones.

ANyone remember this show?

14549holmes2.jpg

I'm totally with bouche and velvet on the spiderman and flintstones and seseame street (and giving up with that crazy seseame park - though i've always liked the name Basil) We must all be the same age i think.

I remember watching a lot of PBS movies like Doris Day movies.

6305558183.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And i loved repeats of the Ghost and Mrs. Muir

57-5478-sm.jpg

Bouche watched tv as I macked the broads.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA....

Yeah right!

I remember when my parents got one of those huge 27" floor model TV's and rushing home to watch the Flinstones on BIG SCREEN! It was a big deal, my dad was in his glory!!! I couldn't beleive playing my Atari on that thing either...The things were HUGE!

Does anyone remember a show (probably on the CBC) called "Pencil Box"? It was on after school in the 70s (probably '77 or so) and I remember loving it! I have never met another person who remembers this show so I'm wondering if perhaps it is simply a very vivid, repetitive hallucination.

Does anyone remember a show (probably on the CBC) called "Pencil Box"? It was on after school in the 70s (probably '77 or so) and I remember loving it! I have never met another person who remembers this show so I'm wondering if perhaps it is simply a very vivid, repetitive hallucination.

You're not hallucinating*. Scroll down a bit on this and you'll find info on the show.

Aloha,

Brad

* Well, at least your memory of this show isn't a hallucination...

Wow lots of good ones listed already.

My fav cartoons as a kid:

- Looney Tunes

- Dungeons and Dragons (found some episodes on the internet!)

- Scooby Doo

- Gummi Bears

Sitcoms:

- Different Strokes

- Growing Pains

- Family Ties

Friday Night TV:

- The Incredible Hulk

- The Dukes of Hazard

- The Twilight Zone (colour ones)

You're not hallucinating*. Scroll down a bit on this and you'll find info on the show.

Aloha,

Brad

* Well, at least your memory of this show isn't a hallucination...

Oh my goodness, that's awesome! Thanks Brad! I actually conducted an internet search a couple of years ago to see if I could locate info about that show with no luck. :)

As for the hallucinations, I think I'm okay. But I'd be better if everyone around me would stop melting.

I actually conducted an internet search a couple of years ago to see if I could locate info about that show with no luck. :)

I started off with a Google search for 'pencil box', but that turned up a lot of stuff for regular pencil boxes (go figure), so I tried adding 'cbc' to the search, and lo and behold, the fourth hit was an alphabetic history of CBC programs.

Aloha,

Brad

Captain Power

You used to be able to buy a laser tag type gun and shoot the characters on TV. You cold score points and play with your friends.

Huge fun when you're 8. It's hard to find any pics of these people with the bright pink target area on their stomachs that were used as the interactive target area.

There are a few though.

Deeps

When we first got cable TV, the convertor we bought had a remote channel selector, which was wired to the convertor, so you always had to be careful not to trip on the wire as you walked through the living room. The channel selector was this thing about the size of a small hardcover book, with a slider that went back and forth to select the channel. To this day, I still feel that going from a given channel to a channel with a higher number is a "move to the left" (and, conversely, going to a lower-numbered channel is a move to the right), because that's the way the channels were laid out on the slider.

Aloha,

Brad

ours was a box with buttons that went up to 13 - if you had channels higher, you could flip the toggle on the right and go up to 26 i think.

Hey, when i was really little, i remember we had a party line too.

correction - my sister informs me that we didnt have a partline in ottawa that my cousins had on for years in dunrobin. I'm old, but not so old i guess. But we do remember the fire at ryan farm before algonquin college was built.

Ok so back to TV

Who was your favourite Charlie's Angel? Mine was always Cheryl Ladd, but in hindsight i think it should have been Kelly.

angelp7.jpg

[color:"blue"] HE WAS ONCE A LITTLE [color:"green"] GREEN [color:"blue"] BALL OF CLAY

gumby.gif

I used to have nightmares about Gumby coming into my room to kidnap and eat me as a child. Wow, did he ever used to scare me!

Does anybody remember "Noddy"? He was the little elf that used to drive that tiny car around and he wore a hat with a bell on top...

ours was a box with buttons that went up to 13 - if you had channels higher, you could flip the toggle on the right and go up to 26 i think.

Hey, when i was really little, i remember we had a party line too.

correction - my sister informs me that we didnt have a partline in ottawa that my cousins had on for years in dunrobin. I'm old, but not so old i guess. But we do remember the fire at ryan farm before algonquin college was built.

Ok so back to TV

Who was your favourite Charlie's Angel? Mine was always Cheryl Ladd, but in hindsight i think it should have been Kelly.

angelp7.jpg

I was named after Kelly from Charie's Angels. Then my Dad split town with a hooker named Kelly, so my mom went to the man and had my named changed to Kelly-Anne. And everytime Charlie's Angels would come on, it broke my moms heart cause my dad's name was Charlie.

When the movie came out she was all upset cause her name is Drew. And of course Drew Barrymoore was in the movie.

But the worst part of the whole thing is that her maiden name is Bosly.

Natalie Bosly.

Sad.