Jambands.ca

Favorite TV shows of your Youth..

gentlemonkey

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, there's a similar thread going on at another Canadian board. One guy posted a priceless comment when people started reminiscing about the Beachcombers; as I take it he's not the biggest fan...

Watched Beachcombers last week. The steering on the jet boat got hooped and Relic did a full throttle beaching. Nick came and hauled him off with the mighty persephone. Then Relic traded the jet boat to Jesse for this old classic car. Ohhh the drama. Of course the steering went on the Jet boat again and Jesse had to jump off, losing the boat. Because the papers weren't in order Jesse couldn't make an insurance claim so relic ripped him off for an extra 100 bucks to buy the boat back. I tell ya....that Relic! He hated the old car anyway.

Still missing the beachcombers?

I remember liking Danger Bay as a kid. I actually met an ex-girlfriend of mine at the aquarium where the Dad worked (it's in Stanley Park in B.C.). We watched a killer whale give birth (it was a high school trip), then the baby died. I thought it was cool to see the place after watching the show as a kid, but the baby dying brought the day down a little...

I can't believe how heartwarming it is to remember old T.V shows.

T.V Ontario was a major part of my life when I was four. I had a babysitter who would just sit me in front of the T.V with a bowl of grapes and a bowl of Cheese nibs from about 8am to noon. I give shows like Sesame street, read-a-long, and Polka-Dot Door full credit for teaching my the alphabet. Somebody also mentioned Jeremy...I loved that bear( he could do most anything!) Does anyone remember some math show with a kangaroo detective?

Later on in my years I loved Dukes of Hazards ( if only for the Waylon Jennings commentary). I also loved Solid Gold, Toronto Rocks, New Music, of course Hee Haw and I used to cry to stay up to watch the Tommy Hunter Show.

hmmmm, great thread---brings back memories...

For me some shows that stand out are---Cartoons--The League of Justice, Fat Albert--absolutely the best!!! Looney Tunes---Hammy Hamster--

and for shows, Brady Bunch, Sanford and Son--(loved that song--banana-bam-bam, ba-na-na, banana,bam bam, chu,chu, chenene-nene...) The White Shadow--loved that show!!, Good Times---was definitely "Dynomite" and the Six Million Dollar Man--I thought Big Foot was under my bed, and I was afraid of that fu©king probe too!!!hahahaha

I found a TVO theme song page..I can't stop Listening to the Jeremy song

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/tvo2/sounds.html

Oh and I found the Kangaroo Math Detective show ( people have been labeling me as crazy for years when I tried to explain it to them.) Math Patrol

In this series, we follow the adventures of Sidney,

the newest math detective for the Math

Patrol, an agency set up for the solving of

math problems. As he goes about his cases in a

ridiculous kangaroo suit, the only disguise

that fits him, we see he gets the job done by

demonstrating grade school level math skills in

arithmetic and geometry and their applications

mathpatrol.jpg

oh my goodness---i LOVE this thread....brings back so many memories. Every once in awhile a discussion comes up about old shows with friends. It is great to see what everyone remembers...is it just me or does kid's tv, especially saturday morning, suck now???

Anyhoo, I would have to say my all time favourite would be the Muppet Show...I have a bunch of clips on my computer....PIGS IN SPAAAAAAAAAAACE!!! hehe

I loved Fraggle Rock too. I wanted to be a puppetteer when I was little.

Also loved You Can't Do That On Television, Transformers (had a wierd obsessive liking for Optimus Prime), Scooby Doo (did you know they have now taken the "doobey" out of the Scooby Doo song??? Now it's "scooby scooby doo" instead of "scooby doobey doo"...geez), Looney Tunes (classic) and someone mentioned Jeremy the Bear---holy sh!t I used to love that show and in past conversations could not remember the name of it for the life of me!

Cosby Show is still one of the best...I love that it is still on...Different World was kind of a good add on to that.

When I was little I used to sneak to watch Night Court every day after school with a bowl of salt and vinegar chips in hand. I remember thinking that Dan's dirty jokes were sure to get me in trouble if I got caught watching it.

Sooo many more...most mentioned in this thread..ahhhhh the good old days!!

Someone else has to be willing to go up to that house up there on the hill??? you Billy Van's house??

The Hilarious House of Frightenstien

The castle lights are growing dim, theres no one left but me and him....when next we meet in Frankenstone.....DONT COME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

Recognize? Heck, I have that scarf: my Mom knitted one for me back in "rabid Dr. Who" fan days. Anybody else remember watching "The UnDoctor" on TVO after episodes of Dr. Who? (Bonus question: what was the real name of "The UnDoctor", and what else is/was she known for in Toronto?)

Aloha,

Brad