Jambands.ca

Damn microbes and their promotion of Darwinism!

Patchoulia

Profile: ASHERBIN / Drawer 2 / Movie News - Clip 7 (limit 25)

Mar 23 2005 11:16:00 - Source: BN [broadcast News]

ENT Volcano Movie

CHARLESTON, South Carolina -- Some movie theatres are pulling the

plug on a film about volcanoes, fearing it might offend people who

don't believe in evolution.

The IMAX production called ``Volcanoes of the Deep Sea'' makes a

connection between microbes found in undersea volcanoes and human

D-N-A.

The distributor says the theatres that have decided not to run it

are in Texas, Georgia and the Carolinas.

The director of a theatre in Charleston reasons that, ``Many

people here believe in creationism, not evolution.''

An official of the California Science Center fears the box-office

ban could have a chilling effect on other science productions.

He's afraid directors will drop all reference to evolution.

(APB)

---

PTH

INDEX: INTERNATIONAL ENTERTAINMENT FILM RELIGION

CP Command News is one of many services from The Canadian Press, Canada’s No. 1 Source for News.

If you don't believe in evolution then don't go see the film. Simple!

fu©king Ass Clowns

[color:"purple"]well, it's simple. Someone else will make the decisions for us what should or should not be seen. What, you don't trust authority? You got something to hide?

Even if you do believe in evolution - don't go see the film. I saw it a few weeks ago, and it was probably the worst imax movie i've seen. It's kind of like the type of movie they are making fun of in The Life Aquatic.

There is the reason why they should pull it - because it sucks. At least people can see for themselves that it's bad.

Yes, be very afraid....

I wish I were feeling more optimistic today; maybe tomorrow. I get really scared of organised hypersensitivity, though.

These people don't want to see us connected with any other form of life on the planet. This is very troubling. Psychiatrists call this dissociation, but (many) evangelicals call it good theology.

Where are all the voices on the evangelical left, for Christ's sake?

In a statement that is bound to offend christians, I have this to say:

Not to entirely discount the potential existence of god/gods, but there's a whole lot more hard evidence as to the reality of evolution than there is a universe created by an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful male god. How does that compute? It's baffling to me.

"Officials in Georgia have mandated that schools continue to use the word evolution when teaching science. However, as a compromise, dinosaurs are now called 'Jesus horses'." -- Jimmy Fallon, Saturday Night Live, 21 Feb 04

My father is a recovering Catholic from North Carolina with Italian background.

I am the offspring of this rogue American Italian Catholic who ran north to marry a Canadian woman rather than buy ammo and a bible and join the asswipe racists I call the family we don't talk to anymore.

The 2 of us damn near fell out of our chairs when we heard this one.

Deeps

What next? Should we be sensitive to the Holocaust Denyers?

I hear Schindler's List is out on DVD, and I think it might be about time to recall that one. Poor Mr. Zundel and Mr. Keegstra, who are undoubtedly offended that Spielberg would make a movie about a fictitious event like the Holocaust. We don't want to offend the neo-Nazis and make them cry...

What next? Should we be sensitive to the Holocaust Denyers?

I hear Schindler's List is out on DVD, and I think it might be about time to recall that one. Poor Mr. Zundel and Mr. Keegstra, who are undoubtedly offended that Spielberg would make a movie about a fictitious event like the Holocaust. We don't want to offend the neo-Nazis and make them cry...

Where is that goddamned sarcastic purple font????;)

Catering to neo-Nazis? Maybe that's next....

But no, Nazism's been done. The next big scary thing is bound to be theocratic. Like Nazism, though, it's still likely to be driven by the middle-class, only this time they'll all drive SUVs.

I tried to write that in purple, really I did.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.... That's going to be hard, though - we're looking in class tonight at Hindu nationalism and communal rioting. Mind you, they did lose the vote last time around, so maybe there is in fact hope.

Or not.

Power to the peaceful? Maybe it would screw them up too.