Thursday, March 24

Purple Hill

Rock Plaza Central

Ghost is Dancing

Jaydawg (starting at 9:30 PM)

El Mocambo Upstairs

494 Spadina Ave.

$6

Rock Plaza Central is a band made up of members of "his Lusicous Uncle" a indie band from Sackville Nova Scotia. They are now a 7 piece bluegrass - meets singer/songwriter style. I'm a pretty big fan.. here's the website: www.rockplazacentral.com Purple Hill and The Ghost is Dancing are also on the bill. Purple hill is the solo project of Owen Marchildon of From Fiction and Ghost is Dancing is a 7 piece indie rock group that sounds like Arcade Fire... and are supper nice guys.. www.theghostisdancing.tk

What an amazing show. I was blown away by the ghost is Dancing, and Rock Plaza Central. Be sure to see em, before Chris heads off to Panama for the summer. I have a good feeling you missed em, cause there were only eight, very lucky, and very genorous with the 'Encore by beer barage', left to see this amazing set. Oh man, these guys are good.

I've also read a couple chapters out of Chris Eaton, Rock Plaza Guitarist's book "The inactivist", very well written. Feels like he's holding a mirror up to my life and friends... and it feels good to know someone can relate.

Anyways, just rubbing it in for all those who missed it ;).

~W