Jambands.ca

I hate waiting rooms

tribalstar

After being awakened at 4am with an unexplainable pain in my body I decided to seek medical attention at the local clinic...one hour later...I was told that my health card expired because my address was not current...like I am gonna have a stable place to live ever...anyways..after I whined about my illness they let me in on the promise that I would update my info or be charged $75...did I mention that I self diagnosed my ailment correctly and just needed the meds? Anyways...now I am having harsh chest pains and am not sure whether I should seek more medical attention or stop taking the pills...one thing I do know...I hate waiting rooms...sorry about the non related rant I just needed to vent...and make sure that I can still type and I am not having a stroke.

Ontario Telehealth

1-866-797-0000

I've had less than satisfactory dealings though -- they spend so much time just taking name/address/DOB/etc stats that you could die before they ever get around to listening to the problem. The 2 or 3 times I called about my kids, they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but if dispensing common sense is gonna keep the real emerg. room wait times down to, oh-- a few HOURS!!-- then I guess it's a billion well spent! ;)

maybe you'll have better luck with them...it certainly can't hurt to call.

i found the same thing with telehealth - my kid was wheezing in the middle of the night, i thought he was gonna die and doug had him dressed and in the car before i got past the "press 1, press 3" crap on that line.

(it was croup - not serious, but holy scary stuff !)

I just had to get a new picture on my health card - 45 minutes at the ohip office. coulda been worse, coulda been better. I really think they should combine it with the drivers license outlets though - boy that would make sense.