Jambands.ca

help -- I need my wine!

Calamity Jane

about to jump in a hot bath with a large glass of red wine and I can't find the corkscrew!!!!!

how do I break the neck off a bottle gently enough to not be drinking glass shards ::

Dave if you see this post before beginning class -- where's the damn corkscrew? ??????????????????????????????????????????????

What would McGyver or James Bond do in a situation like this?

Damned if I remember where the corkscrew is - I think wine was the second thing I was drinking last time around. ;) Sorry! Hope the screwdriver and hammer thing worked out. There's also some method of wrapping a towel around the bottle and whamming the end against the wall repeatedly, but I don't think I'd trust myself with that one.

[color:"purple"]okay, maybe you guys should be drinking screw-top wine. even better, Box of Wine (With Free Pool Toy!)

this talk of smashing bottles and then drinking their contents makes me nervous. i can see this all ending badly.

and jaimoe, you know dave waddell? this is a seriously small world...

Hey... three of my favourite things... baths, red wine, and naked women... :)

I second the screw and plyers thing... I was in at a hotel once without a corkscrew... we took a screw from the wall and had some plyers, and that worked fine.

Don't have too much to drink, and accidently rince yourself with the wine and sip the bath water. :)

I second the screw and plyers thing... I was in at a hotel once without a corkscrew... we took a screw from the wall and had some plyers, and that worked fine.

Let's be entirely clear about a couple of things here. First of all, I was there so I know what went down. "We" didn't do anything. "We" stood around like a bunch of morons until your genius wife calmly removed a picture from a wall, then the screw that it was hanging on, then used a dime to screw it into the cork. What a fantastic woman. You're just lucky that you married her before I could. One more thing: We didn't have pliers, we used a bent coat hanger to wrap around the head of the screw and then pulled like crazy. Damn, that was a great bottle of wine.

:D

Let's be entirely clear about a couple of things here. First of all, I was there so I know what went down. "We" didn't do anything. "We" stood around like a bunch of morons until your genius wife calmly removed a picture from a wall, then the screw that it was hanging on, then used a dime to screw it into the cork. What a fantastic woman. You're just lucky that you married her before I could. One more thing: We didn't have pliers, we used a bent coat hanger to wrap around the head of the screw and then pulled like crazy. Damn, that was a great bottle of wine.

:D

when society melts down, i would like to be on the same team as mr and mrs paan...that's bloody brilliant! paan, you're married to mcgyver! and willy, you'll be needed to keep everyone honest :) great story...

[color:"purple"]okay, maybe you guys should be drinking screw-top wine. even better, Box of Wine (With Free Pool Toy!)

this talk of smashing bottles and then drinking their contents makes me nervous. i can see this all ending badly.

and jaimoe, you know dave waddell? this is a seriously small world...

heh heh. this is killing me.

We had the same dilemma when our fancy shmancy easy cork screw thing broke. We were stuck with some cheap 30 cent thing which didn't work and then I remembered my brother had one of these (pictured below) in his car that I left in Montreal when we went to the Slip. The story ends well, we got drunk.

The moral of the story is have at least 3 different types of corkscrew technologies on hand at all times.

159683e.jpg