Jambands.ca

My Velvet Revolver Night!

Douglas

Don't expect a setlist...I can barely move my fingers right now. I'll write some more tomorrow after a little rest, but I just have to say this.....

I Used To Love Her

Mr. Brownstone

I'm a pretty happy girl! I HAVE BEEN WAITING 15 YEARS FOR THIS!!!! WAHHHOOOOO!!!

UNFUCKINGINGBELIEVABLE!!!

Slash was a fu©king rockstar. I wanted to bite him!!! Lotsa leather and even more sweat.

Did you see my post about the New Deal? If not, lookee here:

I really want Slash and Duff to show up at Barrymore's tonight.... Technobeam --> Mr. Brownstone --> Glide jam --> Used to Love Her etc....

AD

I called the songs!! I think Slash saw my post, ran back to Duff and decided THEN AND THERE to take my requests. Too bad I was at the other show.

I saw Slash play Mr. Brownstone with Slash's Snakepit when they opened for AC DC at the Corel Centre, it was awesome then and I bet it was even more awesome now.

AD

Mr Brownstone was almost surreal since I called it as well on the way to the show... anyways enough about myself.

Douglas, I will see your Brownstone and Loved Her, and I will raise you an "It's So Easy". These lyrics go beyond classic for metal heads.

It's nice to see the perseverence of the collective band members, they are very inspiring to myself for picking up their asses and making a go of it with a new band. While VR rides the past in a way, you can't argue with the power of a song like Fall To Pieces, and the closer (not sure of the song name).

Scott Weilland had an amazing stage presence, in fact it was more than the sparse Corel Centre crowd deserved. With maybe 7,000 in attendance, Velvet Revolver played like they were in front on 100,000 at Wembley Stadium, and this my friends is the sign of true rock and fu©kin roll stars. Good on them, and thanks for the SOLID show.

ah man, that rocks, i totally wanted to go to that! I was really disappointed when i heard they were playing the corel centre so that's great that they were that good.

Is there another venue in town other than the civic centre that could have handled that show? 7000 is still a lot.