Jambands.ca

TORONTO: ~~~THE MOMENT TONIGHT~~

Jay Funk Dawg

I was talking to "Derek the Gypsy" on Friday...and they just made the executive decision to cancel the jam this week.

This is just great for out monthly music of the momemt, a night were we put random people on stage to create music of the moment. I'm excited!

..hopefully we'll get some nut bars out for Thursday!

i hope that all you fine toronto foilk have a great thursday night, it looks like something else has come up, and i don't think i'm capable of three nights of music...*sigh* and i was so looking forward to this! a chance to mingle with the toronto jambands crowd and not play a single song :)

oh well, there's always next time....

Well, I finally made it to the board. Jay, what's this I hear about you wanting the Drifters to play CT fest and not the Hot Tamales? I'm super disappointed. Here I was all shitting my pants over the chance to play my first festival gig ever, and then....the whole thing comes crashing down. It's not as though we don't have to time to get something ready. C'mon Jay!!!!!! Go with the Tamales!!! Just picture us with those massive sombreroes, the Eastwood movies projected behind us!!! It would be super sweet!!!

Yes, super cool. Totally digging the new tables... but Marge, you didn't stick around to see me rock the MircoKorg... it's amazing how something with 2/3 size keys can move the musicians attack so (couldn't see the audience cause I was behind the PA).... give em eight notes with some sub base arpeggio, and they rage... ez up with some sweet bubbly funk organ, and voila... space jam. I was only playing the one, five, and octave all night. BTW... I'll get better at the lights... those pedal boards are retarded.

Peace... hey Marge... if you'd like to swing a picture of that handsome bearded devil you saw at Troops out now... also, if you have any hot mama shots... those would do too, though I imagine you were behind the camera most of the time ;).

~W

schiestel@gmail.com

If by hot mama shots you're referring to the ones I took of Jo handing out rice and beans, then I've got plenty :)

I left them at home this morning in my apres-moment haze, but I'll definitely pick a few to send yer way early next week. Sorry I missed the big performance, but I'll see you tonight.

Cheers!