Jambands.ca

Smokestack?

Basher

Basher: check out this show, which is a multi-track recording of a club gig where they do some serious jamband covers (including "Timmy Tucker" by moe.). There are also other 2005 shows where they do some Steely Dan. I've seen them once (Sept. 2002, in Ottawa), and have been itching for them to come back.

Aloha,

Brad

I love how there is a Smokestack sticker on one of the 'Butt Stop' ashtrays at some rest-stop on the West-bound 401 between Ottawa and Toronto. That always makes me laugh. And giggle. Anyone else notice this? It's been there for a couple years at least.

AD

Best $5 I ever spent back when Dekcuf was doing the Groove Thursdays, and I just noticed they use a quote from me in their bio.

That being said, I know they went through a line-up change and the recent setlists seem to have a lot of covers, so who knows what's up with them these days.

Guest Low Roller

I remember that show at Dekcuf (that was 2002? Ugh, time flies). 'Dem were good times. The keyboard player was a star. I haven't heard much from them since. End of sentence fragments.