Jambands.ca

S-W Ontario slang variations

Calamity Jane

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bt's are well known on the east coast, sometimes too well known, as sometimes during late summer beofre harvest all available is the dark, and after thats around for soo long, the BEEE TEEEES And OF Course "BLADES "(not hot knives) are the only way to get lifted!

Also east coast freely uses flat and 24 about the same refierring to 24 beers, beers also used widely!

12 beers in a box= A case....sounds much better than a 12 pack?

3.5 of ganj=Half Quarter, slod eigth is used but not as often!

1 OZ= "A bag"...ie-How much for a bag?

Mushroomz-Are Shrooms or Zoomz i never hear em called anything else

Hash=Ched or Cheez

Cigarettes=Darts or Sticks or Smokes

thats all i got for now, i know i'll think of more

joints = stupid sticks

male or female genitalia = junk

'getting it on' = stabbing junk/ bumping uglies

eight bag = (used to use) half bag, now: eighth (never half-quarter - bokonon's right - do the math people.)

1/4 = nickle bag

2 quarters = dime

24 pack of beer = box of Blue

ha, oh yeah, ctowns, forgot about 'puds' in between a grammer and a fiver... such a cute little stubby jar.

shrooms = boom booms OR boomarilo OR les mush

when it's snowing hard = it's crazy out

an "s" to everyword in a sentence sometimes = wes gots to gets these beer in us (yo)

I've heard a stag & doe called 'buck and doe' and 'jack & jill'

Calling anyone 'dad' I first heard this building houses when I was 16 ... the guys on the crew now and then called each other 'dad' "How you like them cuts dad?" Years later and I like to call people dad sometimes.

I first heard the term 'stackies' in Southern O.

of international note - I was once asked by steve from cleveland to pick him up a 'fifth' of morgan's at the duty free... I think that meant a 26er. well, that's what he got anyways.

Del---i had a situation with 'goof' before. I called some guy goofy and he flipped out on me and walked away and someone said to me that I shouldn't say that to him cuz he had been in jail. Whatever. I proceeded to go back up to the guy and tell him that 'goof' to most people means silly and to lighten up cuz he's not in jail anymore!

Man, I am trying to think of other slang not mentioned here, but to tell ya the truth, I don't really notice when I use slang unless I am around someone from Europe that has learned proper English (british people aside). Although when I was around Kev more I learned some new ones that come out of my mouth now and some of my friends go 'what?'

'getting it on' = stabbing junk/ bumping uglies

One of our friends (the popcorn headed fellow) used to call this "Lunkin'". As in, "I'm going to lunk it in her". Yes, it's a bit crud but funny!

On a softer side, I just bought a game at Value Village a couple of weeks ago called "Slang Teasers". There's a whole book of slang and unusual words. I was flipping through it and found a definition for a popular word around here;

Mang - to brag or boast

Here are some that I've gotten a kick out of so far;

billynoodle - A men who thinks he is attractive to women

Calico Bally - a person who is always looking for fun

churchwarden - a tabacco pipe with a long stem

ramjam - a person who overindulges to excess

Bokonon and my wife are both;

Long ear(s) - a person who likes to read a lot

KK - another word for you;

ruff peck - slang term for bacon

Many years ago, around 1985, I was in a donut shop with a friend in Toronto. At another table was a really scruffy looking guy, who kept spitting on the floor.

My friend turned to me and whispered, "Did you see that goof spit on the floor?"

We left the donut shop and were walking down Bathurst St. when the "goof" appeared out of nowhere, slapped my friend across the head, and said, "Don't ever call me a goof!"

It wasn't for many years, when I finally lived in Kingston, that I learned why he reacted that way.

(My friend, funnily enough, liked the fact that his nose was bleeding from being slapped, and decided to leave the blood there for a couple of hours, because it made him "look tough".)