Jambands.ca

Food of The Gods

fluffhead77

i'm really not too picky (as long as it has no meat, eggs or milk :D ) but i really like hot sauce. it makes almost everything good. so i guess my favourite food is actually hot sauce. i don't really care what i have for dinner as long as i can put some vinegar based cayenne pepper sauce on it. and why is it that i can never get my hot sauce to taste like tabasco when there is only four ingredients in there? what the heck am i doing wrong? ::

true "Food of the Gods" is nothing more, nothing less than good red wine, good bread, and good cheese (but I'd certainly take garlic and olives and sundried tomatoes in there as well) God, I can't wait to picnic again in parks/on the Toronto islands this summer!

some of my fav cheeses:

old cheddar with caraway seeds

white stilton

swiss

edam

feta

gruyere

havarti

brie

oh god, I really could go on and on. Monthy Python "cheese sketch" anyone?

true "Food of the Gods" is nothing more, nothing less than good red wine, good bread, and good cheese (but I'd certainly take garlic and olives and sundried tomatoes in there as well) God, I can't wait to picnic again in parks/on the Toronto islands this summer!

some of my fav cheeses:

old cheddar with caraway seeds

white stilton

swiss

edam

feta

gruyere

havarti

brie

oh god, I really could go on and on. Monthy Python "cheese sketch" anyone?

DITTo

I think you could live off of all of this. Garlic and hot sauces have to be included by default.

So I guess ultimately...this would be the sauce of the gods. Bokonon...find this somewhere.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/hotsaucecatalog_1833_2907132

Guest Low Roller

When I lived in Paris all I ever ate was fresh baguettes that I bought at the corner boulangerie (I tore off the end and ate it before I got home... obviously), some mindblowing cheeses that I bought at the local cheese shop (typically Camambert, Reblechon, and Emmental), and drank a fine bottle of red wine from the Cote du Rhone region... and then I moved to England where food is boring... ugh...

Eggs Benedict or Lox Benedict is pretty good...

I agree with the red wine, good bread and good cheese. When I was backpacking that's pretty much what all my lunches are. Cheese, red peppers, baguette and red wine.... Now I'm hungry...

AD

Guest Low Roller

Just for kicks I started ordering veggie burgers with bacon. I like seeing the reaction on the waitress' face, and as an added bonus, they are quite tasty.

I think I need to order this...

97633raclette.jpg

it melts the cheese with a heater in the long arm and then you scrape it off and eat it with fresh bread, cold cuts and pickles...it's called a raclette. How much fun would that be to sit around with some peeps and tuck into some o that bidnez?? A whole bunch I bet...the french really know how to eat cheese!

I think I need to order this...

97633raclette.jpg

it melts the cheese with a heater in the long arm and then you scrape it off and eat it with fresh bread, cold cuts and pickles...it's called a raclette. How much fun would that be to sit around with some peeps and tuck into some o that bidnez?? A whole bunch I bet...the french really know how to eat cheese!

just look at this thing! I am going to eat nothing but melted cheese for the next week I think, this picture looks so tasty...

fluffhead - Raclette is the type of cheese as well as the whole process. It's a swiss thing and it's delicious, especially the little pots of fried potatoes that come with it.

I don't know of a single place where you can order this but I sure wish I did.

mmmmmm, i like this thread. i love cheese. one of my goals in life is to eat as many different kinds of cheese as i can. because every time i try a new cheese, my track record has shown a pretty high percentage of new cheeses i like!

i totally agree on the fresh pineapple. one of earth's greatest gifts by far.

also ben thahn's pho and mango shakes are to die for. yum yum.

a new thing i have discovered that is SO easy, and SO good, and looks so fancy & awesome when you serve it is this:

Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto.

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with olive oil.

2. Wrap one slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear*, starting at the bottom, and spiraling up to the tip. Place the wrapped spears on the prepared baking sheet.

3. Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove, and shake the pan back and forth to roll the spears over. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender, and prosciutto is crisp. Serve immediately.

*note: i usually wrap the proscuitto around a few aspargus spears instead of just one. i love asparagus and i'm not a big fan of salt, so i find it much more enjoyable this way. it's damn tasty though.

lasagna, prime rib, bbq ribs, filet mignon are also up there as best foods ever for me! oh and anything made by my grandmas or my mom. especially soup, chili and chili sauce.

*edit* how could i ever forget peking duck and sticky rice!!!! gad!