Jambands.ca

Robotripping

Blurry

Was watching the previews for Dr Phil yesterday and they said "robotripping" is a new epidemic amongst teens.

It means tripping out on cough medicine.

I'll never do it (well, I should never say never) but I think the term "Robotripping" is HILARIOUS :) :: :D

Anybody else ever heard of this term? Wonder if it came about when Roboxy had a cold?

Oh, that makes sense with the Robitussin!

Ya, I know about the trippin' part. A guy we met from the States who gave us (me and Backbacon) a pack of DMX. It sat in my "stash" box for a couple of years. I ended up giving it away cause I could never foresee myself taking them.

Nonetheless, I think Robotripping is my new favourite expression!!

hahahaha, that is a funny expression. ::

you know, i recently heard on an american radio talk show that the new thing with kids over there is that things like sniffing glue is getting really popular, because it's a way to get high and not have it show up anywhere on all the drug testing they have going on all over the place. maybe the robotripping (heehee, i love that!) rage has to do with that.

it's pretty bad when they're 'forcing' kids to kill HUGE amounts of brain cells sniffing paint thinner, because pot is so evil they test kids for it.

Robitussin hmmmm.... you don't say...

partyin in Sault Ste. Marie when I was in college we went to a house party of these older ex-junkies and they had a box of presciption cough syrup out in the middle of the table and cups for all like we were drinkin champagne or something... decided I'd save that for later in life and drank my Schooner beer instead (nice enough folks but not my kind of party... yet...)

when I first read the thread I thought robotripping would be about a Japanese robot that looks after you when you're tripping

"ew robot... lets go down by the water."

Dr Phil is a robotripper if I've ever seen one

Although the term is new, this trend can't possibly be. I seem to remember a song in the play "Hair" in which they list off some of their favourite intoxicants, and cough syrup was one of them. (It's been a long time since I've heard the song, but I'm almost positive that's in there.)

Although the term is new, this trend can't possibly be.

The term was new to me in 1999,definatley not new as a trend.I recall hearing 'robotripping" from my girlfriends little sister and also what is called "skittling" or "triple C's" to describe ingestion of large amounts of coricidin HBP Cough and Cold.This formulation also contains the cough suppressant dextromethorphan and an antihistamine called chlorpheniramine.

Oh, that makes sense with the Robitussin!

Ya, I know about the trippin' part. A guy we met from the States who gave us (me and Backbacon) a pack of DMX. It sat in my "stash" box for a couple of years. I ended up giving it away cause I could never foresee myself taking them.

Nonetheless, I think Robotripping is my new favourite expression!!

yeah, mine sat in my duffle for a while and then moved to my medicine cabinet. I think I eventually took the whole box, but just for real reasons, like having a cold. I remember it was no name brand pretty much, just said 'cough drops' on the box. had dxm in it htough! yee haw!

I'm not saying I didn't think about taking the whole box (which, IIRC, was the 'recommended dosage', according to buddy (300 mgs or something)) to get to the 'second plateau' (or was it the third.)

I prefer a coupla thera-flu cold & sinus with 1 part steeping hot water and 2 parts vodka to reach my 'plateau' when I'm sick.

Back in the mid(?) nineties when we used to book punk-rawk shows, there were always plenty of medicinal bottles to be swept up at the end of the night. I dunno if anybody called it robotripping or not ... we just always called it nasty cough syrup.

from urbandictionary.com

1. robotripping

Drinking a bottle of Robotussin cough syrup (containg DXM), with the intention of purposely hallucinating.

ex. We all stole bottles of Robotussin and went Robotripping. I spent most of the night wrapped in the arms of a warm, friendly Purple Octopus.

when I first read the thread I thought robotripping would be about a Japanese robot that looks after you when you're tripping

"ew robot... lets go down by the water."

Dr Phil is a robotripper if I've ever seen one

haha... funny funny

although i gotta say i was really hoping this thread would be about ROBOXY!!!!:D

hahahaha, that is a funny expression. ::

you know, i recently heard on an american radio talk show that the new thing with kids over there is that things like sniffing glue is getting really popular, because it's a way to get high and not have it show up anywhere on all the drug testing they have going on all over the place. maybe the robotripping (heehee, i love that!) rage has to do with that.

it's pretty bad when they're 'forcing' kids to kill HUGE amounts of brain cells sniffing paint thinner, because pot is so evil they test kids for it.

That is scary, a few years back a small reserve in NFLD pretty much destroyed a whole generation of their nation by sniffing glue. They had camera men/women litterally walking around town and filming teen after teen hiffing the glue from bags. Half of the community ended up being transported to St. John's for medical and psychiatric care because they were all literally brain dead. Very sad story...

After watching the documentary on TV the other day, I think that the USA came close to decriminalizing it if it wasn't for Jimmy Carter who's son (I think ) got caugt with coke, so he had to seem tougher on drugs laws and ended up not passing the law. Then Regan came in and fu©king hell broke lose with the DEA and sh!t.

fu©k I could rant forever.

as Douglas said, I chalk it up to the stupid fucktard kids and bad parenting.

can you smoke dxm???

Why smoke it when you can inject it ::

That's crazy that sniffing gas is becoming popular in the states - fucktards is right!!

Tickler, I think that little community was in Labrador. The film was nuts, with kids screaming at the camera that they wanted to die. If I recall correctly they ended up moving the whole village to a new location thinking that may be a "new beginning" for them.....of course the problem just followed.

I met a lady here who used to teach up there.....she said it was just crazy. All these kids WACKED out on gas. She said one day she was walking along and all these kids, high on gas, and angry dogs were surrounding a car. The kids were throwing stones and swinging sticks. As she got closer she realized that there was another dog under the car, using it for protection, and the kids were beaten it and encouraging the other dogs to attack it. She ended up talking the dog home and eventually brought it back to the island. Unfortunately she said that wasn't uncommon - with dogs or other children.

I think I'll be robotripping tonight at Wassabi....it seems somewhat fitting.

hahahha hilaroius

on the gas sniffing sidenote, we just watched go furthur(GO SEE IT NOW!!!!!!!) and this guy was talking with these methheads in oregon or cali, some little podunk town on the west coast, theyd been up for days on meth, and they were hitting off a can of keyboard cleaner, the girl took a big old hit and her voice sounded just like a nitrous voice, spoooky, shes saying how you can get a whole can for a few bucks at staples, and thers 100's of hits in a can like that

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww :( poor sad kids, as many wippit boxes as ive bought, ive never thought of buying a can of keybord cleaner, ewwwww

dxm is also for losers, see above: ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww