Jambands.ca

Ottawa this weekend?

gentlemonkey

Seems a lot of folks are heading to the Slip/Surprise.. Whats up in town?? I'm eyeballing that Weakerthans/Constantines show at Barrymores on Saturday as I've never seen either band, but I've heard music from both I liked..

Also RJD2 is a DJ playing at Capitol City Music Hall, he opened for Umphreys last week... insight?

I'm putting my foot down regarding Raggamuffin... I'm out... It's been less and less fun each successive time I've gone... Plus work on Fridays after going always sucks. To those going - have fun... I'm saving my cash and hangovers for the weekends from now on...

Probably has as much to do with where they're playing, as anything else. The Bourbon is out here in little ol' Nepean.

That said, Snelly & I are both thinking about sticking pretty close to homebase this wknd, so if anyone is thinking of heading this way to see TMNS, you're welcome to come by for pre- and post- activities.

so i guess tmns ain't all that anymore? i thought a few years ago people use to be excited to see them play.

I never missed a show until they started playing Bourbon Street. As I outlined before it's an unfeasible journey from downtown without a designated driver

That Zeppelin band looks promising.

oh gotcha - i'm from nepean - where is bourbon street located? is that the one that opened on baseline?

y'know you downtownies could split a cab eh? its done all the time by us coming in from the burbs. haha

Bourbon Street Music Hall

2557 Baseline - (613) 726-3838

[edit: BradM beat me to it. You're the king, man. Happy Birthday!]

y'know you downtownies could split a cab eh? its done all the time by us coming in from the burbs. haha

Yeah, they've just been spoiled by convenience ::

It's pretty damn close to baseline station too, and buses be cheaper than cabs.