Jambands.ca

420 Scofeild?

Im going home Donny

JOHN SCOFIELD TRIO

Wednesday April 20, 2005

Seventy-Seven Entertainment Complex

Featuring Steve Swallow :: Bass - Bill Stewart :: Drums

Sco_Pic.jpg

Early in his career, Mr. Scofield freelanced around New York, recording with Gerry Mulligan and Chet Baker, Charles Mingus and others. In 1975, he began a two -year stint in the Billy Cobham/George Duke band, recording four albums with them. In 1977, he left to join the Gary Burton Quartet for a year. By 1978, Mr. Scofield emerged as a fledgling bandleader and composer on the international jazz scene. He joined Miles Davis Group in 1982, touring the world from 82-85 and playing on three Mr. Davis' albums. His Mr. Davis stint placed him firmly in the foreground of jazz consciousness. He's played with Tony Williams, Ron Carter, Herbie Hancock, Joe Henderson, Joe Lovano, Pat Metheny, Dave Holland, Terumasa Hino among many jazz legends. Throughout his career Mr. Scofield has punctuated his traditional jazz offerings with funk-oriented electric music, including the commercial hit A GoGo with Medeski, Martin and Wood in 1998, 2002's Uberjam and the following Up All Night on Verve Records. His latest release, 2004's En Route, is a live recording of the John Scofield Trio.

johnscofield.com

Special Guests

Stephen Franke & Noises From The Toolshed

Franke_Pic.jpg

Normally, you'd probably do your best to ignore any unusual noises coming from the toolshed - but this particular sound is more than worth checking out. Led by jazz-groove guitarist/songwriter Stephen Franke, this hot new band has been making waves at festivals and clubs across North America since its formation in October 2002. The spring of 2004 brought the release of their debut album 'Songs for a Platinum Blonde Diner Waitress'. Powered by the distinctive sound of Franke's 1949 Gibson L4 archtop guitar amplified through a Leslie organ speaker, Noises from the Toolshed play a unique blend of gypsy jazz and groove with strong Latin and Cuban influences. There are shades of Django Rheinhardt, Medeski Martin and Wood, Bruce Hornsby, Tom Waits and many others - all filtered through an innovative musical sensibility, scorching technique and a driving energy that's impossible to resist.

stephenfranke.ca

Seventy-Seven Entertainment Complex

77 King William St. Hamilton 905.527.7488

pretty sure I can make this one--I will check to see who else from these parts may be interested as well---I'll be in touch...

Sounds good my friend,just shoot me a PM and we'll work it out.Hope you can make it,been awhile since we enjoyed a drink or two.

Cheers