Jambands.ca

I need your help - not a joke

Hux

This is not an April Fools joke, I have an important announcement....

As of today "that place" is:

SMOKE FREE!!!!! :) :) :)

There's been a lot of talk in the last few months about this, and the deal has finally been made. So as of now, all ciggy smoking will be done outside on our lovely welcoming porchal area, that is extremely comfortable and recently renovated for the spring season. So the smokers are comfy, and the non-smokers no longer have to inhale that wretched cancer-laced poison - everybody wins!

The non-smokers in the house (Sloth and I) would really appreciate your help in being cooperative with this, so next time you're over and are thinking about having a puff, please remember the new rule!

HELP US HELP YOU!!!

Thanks gang,

Hux

geez....there were alot of self-deleted posts this weekend.

what the hell did I miss while I was enjoying SMMD?

Congratulations on catching up with society guys ;)

There's no smoking in any public place, people should all follow suit and do the same every where. At our house, we have never had to ask people to go outside and smoke. They just do. Why don't people just go outside and smoke at everyone's house so no one actually has to make a rule?

Thanks for keeping in touch online Huxy!

There's no smoking in any public place, people should all follow suit and do the same every where. At our house, we have never had to ask people to go outside and smoke. They just do. Why don't people just go outside and smoke at everyone's house so no one actually has to make a rule?

Get real Bouche... Thanks for catching up with society? Last time I checked, 50% of the residents in that house smoke, and society still allows you to smoke in the comfort of your own home... People probably never tried to smoke in your house because you and Sharon don't smoke... If Stapes and Freeker had it worked out with the Sloth and Hux that they could smoke there, that's their business... The fact that you personally don't smoke and don't agree with smoking is really irrelevant. Not all of society is smoke free, and your attitude regarding how "people should all follow suit and do the same every where" when it comes to not smoking is really kind of arrogant. Just because you don't smoke doesn't give you the right to pass your morals on to the rest of us... If a smoker came on here and said that you should be able to smoke everywhere, non-smokers would be just as upset. We all know smoking is bad for you, but until smoking becomes illegal there's really no reason to pass judgement on people who choose to smoke. As I stated before I'll gladly go outside, but I really don't think statements like your's are anything but elitist...

but until smoking becomes illegal there's really no reason to pass judgement on people

since when has something being illegal stopped people from doing it?

smoke away my children and pass judgement, feel the power of the darkside. ha ha ha(insert evil laugh voice)

Get real Bouche... Thanks for catching up with society? Last time I checked, 50% of the residents in that house smoke, and society still allows you to smoke in the comfort of your own home... People probably never tried to smoke in your house because you and Sharon don't smoke... If Stapes and Freeker had it worked out with the Sloth and Hux that they could smoke there, that's their business... The fact that you personally don't smoke and don't agree with smoking is really irrelevant. Not all of society is smoke free, and your attitude regarding how "people should all follow suit and do the same every where" when it comes to not smoking is really kind of arrogant. Just because you don't smoke doesn't give you the right to pass your morals on to the rest of us... If a smoker came on here and said that you should be able to smoke everywhere, non-smokers would be just as upset. We all know smoking is bad for you, but until smoking becomes illegal there's really no reason to pass judgement on people who choose to smoke. As I stated before I'll gladly go outside, but I really don't think statements like your's are anything but elitist...

::

little defensive?? I sensed nothing even remotely close to what you did out of his post.

Ummm, last time I checked, smoking was a privilege - not a right.

I think the idea that smoke should just sort of linger in the air and magically vanish before it reaches unwitting animals' lungs kind of odd, given everything we know about how gaseous molecules work.

I dunno, we've got a couple of small people living in our house, and I know pretty firmly that I don't want to do them any harm that they wouldn't ultimately want visited on themselves.

And besides, people just don't get outdoors enough as it is.

But then, we are talking about tobacco, which, as one of the wiser people I know described it, is a real bitch mistress, which will make people do all sorts of irascible and uncompromising things.

I'm not talking about whether or not smoking is a priviege or a right... I just don't think it's Bouche's (or anyone, for that matter) place to say what other people should be doing. My post was a reaction to his statement in which he said "There's no smoking in any public place, people should all follow suit and do the same every where." First of all, there is smoking in public places. Not indoors, which is what I'm sure he meant, but the outdoors is considered a public place, and you most certainly can smoke outdoors. Secondly, the statement about how people should all follow suit and do the same everywhere is ridiculous. Why should everyone do so? Because he doesn't smoke? If there's smoking happening in someone's home, that's their choice. If you don't like it, don't go to that person's home. It's like me saying that because I'm allergic to cats, people shouldn't own cats so that I can visit them in their home. I fully support the ban on smoking inside business/restaurants/bars etc. But to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing inside their own homes is pretty ignorant.

If you don't like it, don't go to that person's home. It's like me saying that because I'm allergic to cats, people shouldn't own cats so that I can visit them in their home.

*phew* Glad I read this when I did! I already had the bucket filled with water and little cleo by the scruff of the neck ...

I would've missed her, too.

I disagree.. I think it is an opinion that people should follow suit and not smoke anywhere or at all. I think the same thing. I do not like smoke because it will increase my or anyone I care abouts likely hood of dying before its their time or make them sick. In my ideal world this is how it would be, so I can say its my opinion that nobody should smoke because I think its a disgusting habit that hurts our bodies.

I don't preach to others about smoking, you are right, its your choice and if you or anyone choses to smoke, then that is fine with me and I will like you all the same.

There is not really an analogy you can compare smoking too. All cats don't harm everyone they encounter (except booche and Douglas's cat..), but every cigarette is harmful.

I learned from my wife that you cannot make someone quit smoking, it has to be their own choice or they will never do it. I understand that and respect anyone elses decision to smoke.

But I think I am allowed to say that in my opinion, "There's no smoking in any indoor public places, people should all follow suit and do the same every where"

I mean no offense Del, I am just presenting a view from the other side.