Jambands.ca

The "New" Doctor Who

Del

So yeah, episode is over... I give it about 3 out of 5... But the first show of a new series is always touch and go... I think I might like the new Doctor more than I originally thought... I guess I'm saying I recommend it...

So yeah, episode is over... I give it about 3 out of 5... But the first show of a new series is always touch and go... I think I might like the new Doctor more than I originally thought... I guess I'm saying I recommend it...

The guy playing the new Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, has quit the series. He will finish filming the 13 required episodes for Season 1. The BBC is already looking for a replacement, since the series will be renewed for another season.

If you like sci-fi or just good acting and writing, the best series is the new Battlestar Galactica. It's dark, dirty, violent at times, but rewarding and unpredictable.

Guest Low Roller

Brighton is plastered with posters for the new Dr. Who series. Personally I was never a fan of the show, except for the theme of course (why hasn't anybody done a trippy techno remix of that tune??).

I try avoiding english TV all together as it is pretty much rubbish (as the locals say). All I watch is the pretty cool educational documentaries they air in the evenings (Egypt, sunken treasures, did Moses really exist?, etc...) and premier league football. Besides that I stick to the Simpsons, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Joey (which is made tolerable only due to the sheer lack of other options).

(why hasn't anybody done a trippy techno remix of that tune??).

i think there is one. i swear i have heard this at parties before. i don't know if it was one track or if someone was mixing the actual theme song on top of another track, but i have definitely heard this. i'm waiting for a response from an audiophile friend of mine... i'll update this when i find out. :D

There is a remake/rewrite of Gary Glitter's " Rock & Roll ", but the chorus goes " Dr. Who " and the music throughout is the Dr. Who theme.

It's not the techno song, but it's worth checking out.

hey that's 'Doctorin the Tardis' by a band/producers/whatever called "KLF"...it's the one and only piece of vinyl I ever bought, somewhere around grade 8.....still have it somewhere. It was kinda techno-esque....

yeah i watched this a little last night as well, not as good as the original if my memory serves me right, usually doesnt ;) but it sure beats american idol or any of the other hundreds of crapass shows on the tube nowadays

..and where was the scarf? niffermouse and i watched it (tape delay) last night and pretty much thoroughly enjoyed it. it's a rare thing to be truly entertained by broadcast tv (simpsons & futurama aside)