Jambands.ca

Come Together Acoustic Stage : call for artists!

Jay Funk Dawg

cometogetherlogofrom88.jpg

Come Together Acoustic Stage : call for artists!

www.cometogethermusicfest.ca

Mark Crissinger(Caution Jam) and Jay Cleary (High Plains Drifter, Hot Tamales) will host the Acoustic second stage at the Come Together Music Festival. We're hoping to get some new talent to come on stage to showcase and also to get the Cam Jam community to cross polinate for some interesting collaborations. By word of mouth we've already got some great ideas and interested artists and we're going to use this forum to discuss and collaborate to make CTMF May Long Weekend 2005 to be one of the best yet.

A full PA, mics, DIs and stage will be provided. We're looking primarily for smaller acoustic acts, solo artists to trios... Of course we will make exceptions, but we would like to keep it acoustic. The sets will be staggered so that it will not compete with the main stage.

Let the discussion begin!

good luck finding acoustic low end. upright and acoustic basses are few and far between, but if anybody wants to get one for CTMF, i'd say check out washburn. i played a SWEET 5 string acoustic bass. really tight fat low B string. i was impressed.

to me acoustic sets can mean just acoustic melody. i've heard a lot of great acoustic textures over amplified backing tracks that don't overpower a stage.

either way, a second stage is ideal. i'm not in any position to play - what, without a band and all.

we're probably limited to folk and acoustic jazz or singer songwriters on this stage. maybe get to the band nine mile? it's just 2 guys.

maybe if were all in the same boat as can'o'beats here, being without a band and all, maybe we should all just congregate and see what happens, put names in a hat if it comes down to it, and jam, see what happens,

you can probably count me and sanislo in, depends if he comes, but weve got some banjo&acoustic toons in the works lately

My problem would be keeping myself away from something like this (I figure I'm spoiled enough). I will, though, bring my banjo (even have new strings for this), mandola, and fado, should anyone be able to make good use of them.

Does anyone know how to play a fado? I sussed it out, but it's a helluva thing. Beautiful sound, though.

(along with your electric, amp and tabla...) hope there'll still be room in the car for me! ;)

anyway, I second the motion of randomly throwing talent together up on stage (names in a hat is good). Those of you who've done Hillside will recognize this "Workshop" idea -- which is always a big draw for me -- seeing what musicians can do with each other's music. should be good times, indeed!!

Velvet: get in touch with mung and the rest of The Tummies, and see if they'd be up* for doing a set. It's been too long since we've seen The Tummies on stage. (I don't recall them announcing they were on hiatus, but they don't announce much at all...)

Aloha,

Brad

* As in "conscious"...

Sooooo lets stay focused eh folks...

I am picturing this as a open jam for sat & sun..no $$ involved sorry.

So if people need extra players we're there. If there's a whole band then great lets make it happen,, any way possible my P.A. has room for 8 channels,and it sounds great. Sorta like a showcase..come one come all..

Oh and hey JayC my last name is spelt Crissinger........

I'd crawl outta my tent for somethin' new...

They will be lotsa time for "campfire jams" to keep us going to daylight, where booche may be calling people on at 9am (who's actually gonna kick him this time?!), but it'd be great to see some people on-stage responding to our never-ending requests for Free Bird...or perhaps some Sweet Child? boo-yeah!