Jambands.ca

New Album, Tour for Mike Gordon & Leo Kottke

DevO

Mike Gordon and acoustic guitar legend Leo Kottke will play a series of shows this June and July. Marking their first collaboration since Bonnaroo in June 2003, these summer dates will be a mix of festivals, multi-band bills and headlining appearances. We expect to add two or three shows in addition to the ones listed below over the next couple of weeks.

Mike and Leo will be performing old material and new, featuring several songs off their upcoming album SIXTY SIX STEPS, tentatively set for a late summer release on RCA Victor. Recorded in the Bahamas last December and mixed by (Clone mixer) David Z, the duo's second studio album picks up where Clone left off, showcasing the deepening musical relationship between Mike and Leo. The island setting of Nassau's legendary Compass Point Studios served as a musical backdrop, and Bahamian drummer and percussionist Neil Symonette is featured throughout. Neil will also be out on the road with Mike and Leo for these summer dates. A more extensive national headlining tour is being planned for this September and October. Further information on SIXTY SIX STEPS will be announced in the coming months.

The June/July tourdates follow below. For ticketing and show information, please visit the tourdates page at phish.com. Tickets for the sole headlining show are available in an exclusive presale NOW through Friday afternoon through Mike & Leo's secure online ticketing system.

LEO KOTTKE / MIKE GORDON JUNE/JULY 2005

June 19 - Telluride Bluegrass Festival, Telluride, CO

June 24 - Northwest String Summit, Portland, OR

June 26 - Taos Solar Music Festival, Taos, NM

July 1 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO (playing with Gov't Mule and moe.)

July 2 - The Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA (headlining show in a gorgeous location)

July 3 - High Sierra Music Festival, Quincy, CA

As a reminder, Mike will be playing three dates with the Benevento/Russo Duo at the end of the month. While the New Orleans show is sold out, tickets remain for the Atlanta show on April 26th and the Athens show on April 27th. Tickets are available at http://mikegordontickets.rlc.net for these shows. The Duo and Mike will also be playing Bonnaroo on June 10.

I think it's great that these guys started playing together. The first studio album is pure gold, and the 2 live shows I've heard are great too. I got to see their only show in 2003 at Bonnaroo, and would love to catch a couple more this year. Playing with Mike seems to have given Leo a kick in the pants as apparently he's more open to "jamming" now at his own shows.

I'm really looking forward to the new album as well, as the shows I've heard have a lot of songs they co-wrote but didn't include on the 1st release.