Jambands.ca

Christmas Lights??? grrr....

Douglas

I don't mind that they're up....but for the love of pete, WHY MUST YOU TURN THEM ON???!!! WHY, PETE, WHHHHYYYY???

It drives me crazy everytime I head out to the balcony, and there they are....read, white, and green shining oh-so-bright! And their neighbours still have the big fat grinch on their front lawn. What the smurf is wrong with Norberry Cr?

I feel your pain Douglas. No grinch, but I pass by those fake icicle Christmas lights (white) shining bright every single night on the main floor of our condo; as I have done since about September.

The worst part, though, is that I know the owners of the lights and they are otherwise very cool people. It kinda makes me feel a bit guilty about some of the evil thoughts I have about them as I walk by those annoying lights some evenings...

For the last two years running, I've turned mine on during the folk fest here in Calgary. The only time they EVER get turned on is during folk fest too. We usually hang on the front stoop with the lights on and PAAARTay! Can't wait for that weekend again...if anyone is coming to calgary near the end of July, and wants to party and hit up the folk fest, I live right accross the river...come one come all...I'll even turn on the x-mas lights for ya!!

merry humbug, Douglette.

For the last two years running, I've turned mine on during the folk fest here in Calgary. The only time they EVER get turned on is during folk fest too. We usually hang on the front stoop with the lights on and PAAARTay! Can't wait for that weekend again...if anyone is coming to calgary near the end of July, and wants to party and hit up the folk fest, I live right accross the river...come one come all...I'll even turn on the x-mas lights for ya!!

ok, well that's different 'cuz they're not Christmas lights....them's are guuuud lights!

merry humbug, Douglette

Douglette? Huh...that's a new one for me...and there have been plenty over the paste 10 years. It kinda sounds like omelette...with some douggie's mixed in.

'Wastey' probably means what I hate about them.

Sure, they look purty, but is it necessary to waste that much electricity every year for a month (or more for those that don't take them down) ?

This is just one example of useless tradition that I cringe upon.

aw i'm totally the opposite - i've always thought that christmas lights should just be 'winter lights' cuz i've always loved the way they reflect off the snow in the winter. I feel sad that they have to go after xmas. However, i do prefer the nice all one colour lights - white or blue etc. maybe that don't look so much like xmas lights.

wastey but pretty

Every year at Christmas time my buddy Rob and I would steal as many red lights as we could from all the other houses in the area. On the first night of Christmas holidays we would go to what we called The Blue House and replace every blue light with a red one. This place had easily 4000 lights on it. This went on for 12 years then the people moved. I only wish I could have seen their reaction just once.