Jambands.ca

Today on "Jamgrass" - A tribute to Jerry Garcia

Blurry

Hey Everyone,

Hope you're all having a wonderful day! Today on Jamgrass, I'm having a tribute to Jerry Garcia.....it's going to be a GREAT show!!

The hour show starts at 4pm Nfld time, 2:30pm Nfld time etc....

To listen go to

www.mun.ca/chmr

See how the self proclaimed "seeker" (in life and music) was influenced by the tightly structured, regimented art of bluegrass!

Hey thanks Paisley!! I've also heard people say I've got the perfect face for radio!?!?!

Esau - Thanks for the suggestion but it just wouldn't have fit with the theme.....unless I played a selection from the album he helped produce - Shakedown Street - but still would have been a stretch.

Had a fun time again! hope you anyone who was listening enjoyed it!! I'm going to continue to smooth out those rough edges ;)

Here's the playlist;

1) Pig In A Pen (Old & In The Way) - Old & In The Way

2) The Sweet Sunny South (Garcia/Grisman) - 12.8.91

3) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band) - Almost Acoustic

4) Shady Grove (Rice, Garcia, Grisman) - The Pizza Tapes

5) Friend of the Devil** (GD)

6) How Sweet It Is (JGB) - How Sweet It Is

7) Terrapin Station (GD) - Dick Picks Vol 3

**Song would not play from CD. Only information about the song given

Edited by Guest

you acquired a faithful listener here my friend, great stuff... I've been looking to up my bluegrass knowledge for years beyond having random tapes in the car that I call "getaway music"

will be listenin next week... maybe a show on New Grass Revival would be fun to follow up Jerry Garcia (while you're on the 70's theme)

Paisley - glad to hear that I have a dedicated listener!!

Backbacon - I didn't tape this one.....Brad may have....he taped the first one....here's hoping. I have thought about having live performances.....I just don't know if the studio can handle it!??!!?! BTW - word has it that Jesse McReynolds and The Virginia Boys are the guest act at the Bluegrass festival here this summer (july 15-17).......YEEHAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Esau - Glad to hear you had your Lowell fix....and thanks for the kind words. Here's a funny quote for you about Lowell George by Mickey Hart;

"Lowell George was mad. WE wrote a great song one night, but we never recorded it. It was called "My Drum is a Woman". We wrote this songs about all my instruments and what I thought about them, how I address them. Lowell played good guitar, but he was no producer - certainly not for the Grateful Dead. He did too much coke. There's no way for him to have any kind of rational judgement"

Funny thing though Bill Kreutzman really liked having him as producer.

Backbacon - I didn't tape this one.....Brad may have....he taped the first one....here's hoping. I have thought about having live performances.....I just don't know if the studio can handle it!??!!?! BTW - word has it that Jesse McReynolds and The Virginia Boys are the guest act at the Bluegrass festival here this summer (july 15-17).......YEEHAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I hope he taped it. Maybe you could send over some tapings and I can listen to them. They would be great for driving in the car and pretending I was listening to them live.

Hey, are you guys still going to be out there the frist week of August? Maybe I can join you in the studio and be your assistant for a show!

If I'm the Brad referred to who may have taped the show, I didn't. In fact, I didn't even listen to it, due to the firewall at the office that prevents me from listening to most over-the-internet radio broadcasts. (In fact, about the only show I can listen to is GRUVLIX, and that's only because it's in Ottawa, and I have an old walkman I've brought in to the office.)

Aloha,

Brad