Jambands.ca

struggling w cigarette addiction?

Im going home Donny

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I borrowed it myself.

Apparently it has sold over 5 million copies so you can probably find it anywhere. Its only ten bones...not far off the cost of a pack of smokes...even the chiefs. I was planning on buying a few and tossing them around to our friends on Friday.

thanks phishy K!

Edited by Guest

Once you believe that you will never smoke another cigarette again, it all of a sudden makes sense.

I remember being in Washington at a ski hill with friends adn we were driving back to our chalet. I realized that I only had a couple of smokes so I asked if the driver to could just go up the road a bit so I could try and get a pack.

Sure enough, there wasn't anything up a bit, so I kept pushing for further. It toook me WAAAAY too long to realize that I was making people go out of their way so I could feel safe with the amount of smokes I had.

That was a turning point for sure. I didn't find anymore smokes, yet I still managed to live through the evening.

All you need to do is think what you'll do for a smoke. Then, imagine what it would be like to live without constantly worrying about not having smokes.

It sounds like I could have used that book many years ago.

Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone. Buy my phone.

oh and anyone who knows me knows...its truely the niccoteen I thought I loved, needed and the games I have played with The nic. patch...I'm not even using the patch! I just refuse to deny any more how far reaching the effects of my addiction go.How much better the rest of my life will be not being a slave to big tobbacco.

Though patch dreams do RULE! Realy crazy wild dreamin on that crap!

Admittedly I had to put the patch on just so I could actually read the book without denial...then I ripped it off said Fuck you deliverence of doom....crazy. Its embarressing to say the least.

I'm sooo glad I finnally get it! Its about time!

hmmmm...me and niffermouse have been battling this addiction for the last 4 years. prior to that we were happy smokers, but we've come to see the evil of our ways, and where our smoke money goes. it's hard enough to give this evil habit up as one person, but harder still to keep two on the path.

some awesome and inspiring stories from reformed smokers on this topic, thank you. you've all kept me from going outside and bumming a smoke from a coworker :)

...you're a bad egg Freaker! Guess whos getting the first book I buy?

I'm not suggesting you eat veggies here...I think convincing you of that will take more time and info!

Everytime you smoke it just leads you to thinking you need another. Stop that train. Use your willpower to quit. You have alot of it to have kept up the smoking till now babe!

Am I struggling with a cigarette addiction? No. Am I enjoying my cigarette addiction? Hell yes... Glad to see you're quitting Julia, all my best goes out to you. But don't push your beliefs on me... I'll quit when I'm damn well ready, which is nowhere near at the moment... Of course I know it's bad, but the benefits I currently get from smoking far outweigh the long term consequences that I may suffer later on. Maybe my feelings will change, maybe they won't, either way, I agree with Freeker - This calls for a Chiefs!

haha..was waiting for you mr tough guy!

and book number two goes to you mon ami!

Why don't you tell me what the benefits are?

Just remember you're talking to someone who has told herself ALL the lies. Also I'm a good deal older which means I've decieved myself for WAY longer than you have. I know ALL about it.

I remember when you first moved here saying how much you wanted to quit...do you remember that?

I think your stubborn attitude is only fear disguised mon ami.

Mr.Steven Staples is my next target, followed by ms sunshine and her beau, booche, Douglas...hmm whom else?

I wish I could drag as many people off this sinking ship with me as I possible can....as gently as possible.

I know its up to the individual.

I wasn't trying to preach just trying to help myself and others escape the brainwashing.