Jambands.ca

Forum problems

bouche

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, its funny, i guess this isnt really a problem, just something weird i noticed, last weekend i guess it was, i was at my girls placee, she was signed in, the board looked all bright and shiney like new boards usually do, then when i logged in, it switched back to the oldschool forum, but ive switched over to the new one too now, thanks to esau,

just something weird i noticed, no problems here

good work on the board, as usual

cheers

I noticed that not everything I type gets posted,but when I go to edit and add what is missing everything I originally wrote is there (even in the preview) until I post again,I did this in the seal thread and had to add ..... in front of the sentence to have it appear.

Other then that I haven't had an issue.

I noticed that not everything I type gets posted,but when I go to edit and add what is missing everything I originally wrote is there (even in the preview) until I post again,I did this in the seal thread and had to add ..... in front of the sentence to have it appear.

Other then that I haven't had an issue.

what he said, same problem. i can see the whole of my post in edit mode, it doesn't show in preview or in final post mode.

otherwise very cool new look! way to go bouche!

Not sure if my problem is the same...but first Mike THANKS for ALL your hard work on all of this!! AMAZING!

So what keeps happening to me is some-not all words from the outer edges are being clipped?

eg. a sentance that looks like this...

that looks like this...

Looks like that...missing 'a sentance'

but doesn't uniformly cut straight down

the line.

Then not sure you saw but while I was typing subject, my words were appearing in the topic box..

Thanks again Mike.

This happens posting in the quick or regular reply mode.Exactly what huli mentioned.

I also cannot edit some posts,not that I need to edit my posts,just one actually,the Scofield thread.

I sent you a PM explaining what needs done aside from wanting to remove the first sentence the title also need edited.

If you could do this that would work also.

I'll investigate, but I still haven't seen my

own sentances chopped. If anything, it's got to be related to parsing linebreaks.

If I randomly

hit enter

in the reply box, and let other sentances wrap, I would think I'd see something odd, but I'm not. I need to reproduce this problem to get to teh bottom of it.

I really don't know what's meant by the "words appearing in teh topic box"

oh I mean when you choose to begin a new topic and you're given two spaces. One small to write the nature of what you've got to say(this I'm calling topic box) Then the second is where you actually say what you want to say(I'll call this the meat box)

So I went to post a new topic. I wrote in the topic box. Then I began writing in the meat box. Suddenly my words were dissappearing from the meat box.

Then I saw that the words had relocated to the topic box?

Not sure what happened but it happened twice. I am a gorrilla of a typist so I may have done something to make that happen by accident.

Hope this makes sense.

Saying the word box makes me giggle like a schoolgirl...so mature I know.

I can't get my original avatar to show up. When I go to the avatar setings page, it's trying to tell me what the problem is, but the text is in yellow on a beige background, and I can't see what it is trying to say.

I miss my sour lemon-face. Help!

hey hammy....copy the text into notepad to find out what it says.

I can't get my original avatar to show up. When I go to the avatar setings page' date=' it's trying to tell me what the problem is, but the text is in yellow on a beige background, and I can't see what it is trying to say.

I miss my sour lemon-face. Help![/quote']

hey hammy....copy the text into notepad to find out what it says.

You are definitely smarter than I am .

Text reads:

The following problems were found with this form:

The avatar was not uploaded. Often this is because the avatar upload directory is not writable on the server. Notify the site administrator of the issue.

Please help! I miss my sour-lemon face.