Jambands.ca

Forum problems

bouche

hey mike, new server, no avatar. i'm sure this will sort itself out, but here's the error...

"The avatar was not uploaded. Often this is because the avatar upload directory is not writable on the server. Notify the site administrator of the issue."

"http://www.jambands.ca/images/avatars/1865.jpg"

i miss homer....

thanks mike!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh would someone mind answering my question? it's been up for like a week? anyone know what is going on with the fonts on my page?

Try this.

At the top on the toolbar on the left is an option called "View" click that,then select "Text Size".The select the size you want,mines on medium.

ummm... how/why did my avatar change?

edit: not that its a big deal, i know how i can fix it.. just curious more or less...

I went to set your avatar straight, but I some how must have picked the wrong one. heh heh! Baseball fan!

bouche, when I try to pull down menus from the "option" tags at the top,

(My Fusion, Main, Forums, Online, Search, Help, Members)

the Google ad goes appears overtop of the drop down menus that appear when you click on the above tags... Is this a Mac issue, or a board issue? I only realised this recently, when I wanted to do a Search, but couldn't...

I just it tried with the best donair topic, and got all the posts in one page.

The "Best Donair" topic appears only on one page for me. I've got my "replies per page" set to 50.

I noticed this problem when my "replies per page" was set to 20 and also 40.

I'm using IE 6 on WinXP.

me too.

I delved further into this problem and found that it occurs when a topic goes more than 2 pages. If I hit "all" when a topic goes three pages, I'll only see pages one and two. Topics in which I've seen the problem are the "Trailer Park Boys Discussion Thread" and "Forum Problems" (this one).

I better get back to work now!

The latest bit of weirdness for me is not being able to highlight and edit parts of my replies.

Like, in this reply box I'm writing in right now, I can't highlight the above sentence and cut it or anything like that.

I thought it was my 'puter but this is the only site or application this occurs on for me and has been happening for a couple of days now.

bouche, when I try to pull down menus from the "option" tags at the top,

(My Fusion, Main, Forums, Online, Search, Help, Members)

the Google ad goes appears overtop of the drop down menus that appear when you click on the above tags... Is this a Mac issue, or a board issue? I only realised this recently, when I wanted to do a Search, but couldn't...

That is an Internet explorer issue. IE has some layering bugs. I've been using firefox since it came out. It works great for most sites. However, when you go to mappoint, or Expedia, their IE friendly interfaces don't work for Firefox.

I have just determined this only happens in the quick reply function.

I don't have the problem when I edit a post or hit the "reply" function.

Yep same here,I noticed that I can highlight one letter only when I tried purely out of curiosity after reading your post....although I decided awhile back to take bouche's advice & not use the quick reply.

I also am using IE 6 with xp pro.