Jambands.ca

Forum problems

bouche

The latest bit of weirdness for me is not being able to highlight and edit parts of my replies.

Like, in this reply box I'm writing in right now, I can't highlight the above sentence and cut it or anything like that.

I thought it was my 'puter but this is the only site or application this occurs on for me and has been happening for a couple of days now.

I am noticing a javascript bug that doesn't seem to be an issue in Firefox. I'll be back!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed tonight that the whole sidebar option has been removed from my display settings in my control panel.I usually have the sidebar thing turned off because it loads so slowly on my desktop when its displayed.Now it seems I have no option in seeing it.As well,I am displayed as online even though I originally set it to not show.Any ideas?

post tracking seems fine for me. The sidebar is a new permission. I'll have to set it up so you can turn it off.

Permission eh..wow,thats shitty.This board took over 5 minutes to load for me.Any idea when you'll give me the "permission" to not have to deal with a ton of stuff I don't use?

Still not seeing any new posts flagged either.

Being invisible (LURKING) is a new permission that only certain user groups would be able to use.

How does one become a member of said clique?

I imagine you'll not want everyones email address showing unless that a option for the the special group of folks also....as you'll see in the PM I sent you,I was able to read everyones.Ones I shouldn't have been able to.

Is there any way to change the forum skin again?

A few different people read the board from my computer, and it was nice to be able to tell who was logged in just by what colour everything was...

I have to leave the forum skin as it is for now as I would have to rework all of the skins headers etc. If you're noticing any unreadable colours, send me a screenshot of the portion of the screen. I'll try and rework the stylesheet.

I can make a 'whiny bitchy' group in a second too ;) I'm not in the mood for minor issues turned complaints today. I have enough of that at work already.

No need man..."whiny bitch" eh.....

I guess this is info is whiny eh....

INSERT INTO `fbb_user_info` VALUES (5, 'admin', 1, 1, 'Scank', 'sanctuary@jambands.ca', 'sanctuary@jambands.ca', 'Scank', NULL, 'Administrator', 1, 1052679600, '127.0.0.1', 1052679600, '', 0, NULL, 10, 0, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'http://', 0, 0, 0, 0, '0.0', 'm/d/y', 'h:i A', 1, 1, 0, 0, '', '', '0000-00-00', 0, '', NULL, NULL, NULL, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, '');

strange I woul;d have thought this was helping not "being whiny"

ANyway....if peoples IPs and email addys are public so be it.

See ya.

Well if having people able to access info that gives up IP addresses is stupid then dont worry about it.I wont now that I can see exactly what everyones IP is...I unsderstand anonymity is not really guaranteed but I didnt thihnk that info was public...

so be it.

take it easy. i appreciate the info, and I'm working on it. I'm also AT WORK and I'm not at home with the luxury of being at this 100% or up in the wee hours of the morning.

Esau, you closed the private topic before I could even point out my friggen wink in my 'whiny bitchy' comment. you've got on helluva online temper. Go smash something! ;) ;)

Actually...I was clearing up other PMs and that one got mixed in by accident.Assumptions are a nasty thing man...Certianly not pissed off or even worked up.

I'm only at home with this "luxury" due to well...my medical issue.I can say I hope that you never have that "luxury"

Sorry Esau, yes this has gotten out of hand. I'm 'hearing' you screaming at me. It must have to do with my mind set thanks to my day at work. And 'luxury', is what I would refer to if I was able to not have to be at work and actually be at home working on this site as much as possible. I had no idea where you were.

I just logged in as you and a few other people and I don't see IP addresses. Can you logout and back in and tell me what you see?

Man, Mike, I'm sorry to hear your day's been so shitty -- hopefully you're mere minutes away from the day's first ceasar (or second, if ya had a breakfast one!!!)

I hope most people know you manage this site gratis and I'm sure while it is occasionally fun, you must also have hair-pulling days. We do appreciate your effort, my friend!!

anyway, when you (or someone else) has a spare minute, I would like to figure out how to bookmark a thread. Under MyFusion, "Watched Topics" is no longer hot-linked, and I think this is how I bookmarked threads in the past.