Jambands.ca

Salvia Divinorum

Freeker

Salvia Divinorum Videos

I've been watching videos of this kid Jim getting high on Salvia and its really got me interested in giving it a try. The complete and instant effects seem very cool as does the visual hallucination aspect. Anyone have any personal experience with Salvia? If so lets here some stories the ones on this site HERE are pretty crazy.

Guest Low Roller

Hey, I heard the latest drug fad was to hammer nails into your dicks.

Apparently it releases endorphines into your brain to numb the pain down below, making you feel really light-headed with possible hallucinatory effects, and most likely resulting in sweet mellow unconsciousness. All the cool kids are doing it.

You should try that too!

The best part is that you don't have to find some seedy dealer in a dark alley somewhere in cracktown. All you need is a couple of dollars and a local Home Depot.

To combat Roller perpetual ignorance and constant judgement of things that are beyond him. Here is the background on Salvia.

Salvia Divinorum

Salvia divinorum is a soft-leaved green plant, native to Southern Mexico, which contains a powerful psychoactive chemical known as Salvinorin. S. divinorum has been used traditionally in Mexico for healing and divination and became available in the underground psychedelic culture around the world starting in the early 1990's. S. divinorum is also known as "la pastora" / "the shepherdess", "the leaves of the shepherdess", "diviner's mint" or "diviner's sage", and in context simply as "Salvia". There are many species and varieties within the genus 'Salvia' and plants commonly found in garden stores are almost certainly not S. divinorum unless specifically labelled as such. Strong effects can be difficult to attain from smoking dried leaf, but extracts and potency-bred leaves can cause dramatic, sometimes frightening, and completely enfolding entheogenic mind-states. Many people who try S. divinorum do not find the effects at all pleasant and choose not to repeat the experience. Salvia divinorum is traditionally used by chewing pairs of leaves. Modern use includes both smoking and chewing the leaves. When the leaves are chewed, the quid and bitter juice are held in the mouth to increase absorption. (Source: www.erowid.com)

PS - What would you know about what the cool kids are doing?

tried it once, but we had the weakest strain. I didn't feel much outside of a little feeling hot...I got some sweats happening and that was it.

BUT, the guys I did it with had a different reaction. (I must have a tolerance for this kind of thing).

One friend felt like he was being forced lower and lower to the ground, as if it was a necessity. He started crawling around on the floor and described it as if the "available space" was diminishing around him...that he had to go through pathways of clear space. It was interesting to watch.

The other friend had a similar experience, feeling drawn to the walls, and floor of the place.

Both of them laughed a lot at first, then it got serious. It didn't last long, maybe 3-5minutes, but seemed quite intense for both of them.

Maybe one day I'll try a stronger strain and see if I can get a first-hand impression...

One friend felt like he was being forced lower and lower to the ground, as if it was a necessity.

I gave this the 'ol college try a few years back (only once, as seems to be the case here). I felt the gravitational pull get stronger feeling, but nothing to the extent that's on that site. I didn't crawl around on the floor, but felt that I was sinking into the couch. It was kinda like that scene in Trainspotting when Renton ODs and sinks into the floor at Mother Superior's apartment and you just see the red carpet surround him on both sides.

That was the general feeling...very unattached to my surroundings. I got that visual kind of jumpiness that sometimes comes with too much E and your eyes have one bugger of a time focusing. It didn't freak me out or anything, and I was totally fine after 10 minutes or so.

However, I just smoked a bowl. I don't know how eager I'd be to test out the extracts.

try mixing it with some DMT.

No way a least not yet, lets start slow. Read this guy's story about mixing DMT and Salvia. Sounds crazy, was this all a halluncination??

Ahess I've heard it not working the first time in a lot of those personal accounts on erowind.org. Supposedly the best way to get good effects is to use a torch light and a water bubbler. Take 3 big hits holding each one in for 15-30 sec. I'm worried that this Salvia is all hype I think I'm going to get the 15x or 20X stuff first and take smaller hits and progress to bigger ones. See what happens.

The botanical name Salvia divinorum means "Sage of the Diviners." Under the right conditions, taken in the right way, Salvia produces a unique state of "divine inebriation." For hundreds of years, it has been used in religious and healing ceremonies by the Mazatec Indians, who live in the province of Oaxaca, in Mexico.

You cannot take a fatal overdose of Salvia leaves.

Salvia is not habit forming.

Salvia is legal in most countries.

Its effects are brief in duration, so you quickly return to normal.

Salvia seldom produces adverse side-effects or hangover.

SALVIA IS NOT A PARTY DRUG

This is important to understand. Salvia is not "fun" in the way that alcohol or Cannabis can be. If you try to party with Salvia you probably will not have a good experience.

Salvia is a consciousness-changing herb that can be used in a vision quest, or in a healing ritual. In the right setting, Salvia makes it possible to see visions. It is an herb with a long tradition of sacred use. It is useful for deep meditation. It is best taken in a quiet, nearly darkroom; either alone (if a sitter will not be used, see below for discussion of sitters), or with one or two good friends present. It should be taken either in silence or (sometimes) with soft pleasant music playing.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
To combat Roller perpetual ignorance and constant judgement of things that are beyond him.

That's not even a sentence. How am I supposed to feel put in my place with that kind of shoddy grammar? ;)

I'm glad that you're at the very least doing some research on this drug before diving head first.

I've tried it alot of times actually, a freidn of mine read about it a few years back, and as we learned more abou tit decided to give it a try. We bought a bag of dried leaves from the local hemp store, and smoked them, nothing happened to me, he seemed to get quite high and just sat there not saying anything for about 5 minutes, then when he snapped outta it he said it was prety intense colors swirling all arounnd! So after this instead of buying the dried out , most likely very weak hemp store stufff, we decided to get the actualy plant. We read you got higher by chewing the leaves than buy actually smoking them!

So we go tthe clippings in the mail,and cloned them into plants!We waited like 6monthes until they were pretty big and then clipped a bunch of leaves, the dosage we read to take was between 12-20 leaves, form into a ball and kinda put in ur mouth against ur cheek and just suck onit and swish it around, and as ya got high enough you could take it out ,and enjoy the buzz and put it back in as you wanted to get higher.

When we actually chewed the fresh leaves, i got soooooo messed up, we were sittin in my living room , good galactic playin in the backround, and after a few minutes i was just complteley in another world, its kinda like outta body, you know kinda that your there in a room, but its like your looking in at yourself, colors are totally vibrant, and everything was very rubbery looking i guess for lack of a better word.

I've tried it several times since, all very excellent trips, smoked and chewed, using the fresh clip[pings is for sure the way to go!! Its a great legal high!! I dont reccommend doing it alone, many times if your standing you'll completley drop when you start the trip, and if your smoking it you may drop the bowl and burn something while your in the trip!

Highley Recommended to try if your curious. Read up on it first, theres things to do to Make the experience go perfectley

Cheers

Don't Koala's get a little high or something off of Eucalyptis?

I think it's quite interesting that there are plants that can have these mind-altering affects and really not be life threatening or addictive.

However, it really sounds like this stuff could be used with the wrong intentions and if combined with the wrong 'other things' bad crap would likely happen.

I've always liked the idea of opening the mind a bit and letting things out via music, painting, drawing....or anything creative. A little weed and Adobe Photoshop goes a long way though.

I got some from a friend in Hamilton who has a headshop style (for lack of a better word) and she had recieved a big ol' bag of the stuff and wasn't aure about it so I was the lucky recepient of almost half of it to take for a test drive.

..My friend Tim & I headed back to my house and grabbed some 50's and set up my hookah.We hit the shit outta the stuff,at times while I was sitting in this easy chair staring down at my feet which seemed like they were 50 feet away I could feel each and every bead of sweat form on my scalp then slowly trickle through my hair,beers tasted like water.Had some strange expirences with my audio, for example, everything kept sounding like music or voices that were being warped & bent,slowing down and the such,loads of vision glitches that were quite amusing,shadows,trails etc,sorta hard to explain the rest.

..It definantly wasn't high grade salvia but it was really enjoyable thats for sure,I wouldn't search it out myself since I enjoy marijuana awhole lot more, but the extract is what I'll give a go whenever the next oppurtunity arises.I love buzzin on naturals & especially when they have the ability to scare the shit outta me.(DMT is crazy for doin' that to me).

Edited by Guest

seems like fun. sounds like a short K trip. i really liked taking THAT and wish i had some right now.

i remember this one time that i put on a Bob belden album and sat down in front of my mirror...a night where i created my existence - the up, down, the swirling gases that came together to form my system's center.

psychedelic experiences are totally interesting to me. it beats going to the movies that's for sure.

ive tried the 20x a few times, ,didnt even get off, i dont get it, not like ive smoked tons and have a tolerancece, first time, no dice, 2nd 3rd n 4rth, ,no dice, while all my friends are drooling on themselves, my one buddy took the hugest hit, hid in the bathroom and came out crying

seems like it could be very powerful, thats why they say dont take it as a rec. drug, more something you should taste with a shamen around, or at least with good friends thatll stop you from falling over or hurting urself

my opinion? 2 big hairy thumbs down!