Jambands.ca

Don't You Just Love Pearl Jam?

MarcO

The last Pearl Jam show I saw was with Neil,Blues Traveler & Soundgarden at the CNE in Toronto 1993,I thought they kicked ass live even though I wasn't a fan of the studio albums at the time.

I'm going try for the Hamilton and/or Kitchener shows I guess,should be able to get a pair for one of them anyway I figure.

I'm sure the shows will do well but I am also confident you'll all get tickets as long as you're on the ball when TicketBastard puts 'em on sale.

I am jealous of you all, wish I dug Pearl Jam. That's a pretty substantial and ambitious tour!

Best of luck.

I am jealous of you all, wish I dug Pearl Jam. That's a pretty substantial and ambitious tour

MarcO you're all class, even though I have no idea what this statement means.

In their heyday I liked them alot. But as far as reunion tours go I haven't attended many in the past and can't see myself going to this. And if Pearl Jam has been putting out albums all this time and this is not a reunion tour that sums up my feelings on them.

Adam spoke in class today.

Terrible band.

They may not be now, but they were total corporate rock when they were formed (by their label).

So it's their label and not their music that made them a terrible band?

Seems like an odd way to judge a band's worth to me :crazy:

Personally, I like to judge a band by how their music moves me. And these guys rock my world! :)

11 Sun Kitchener/ Memorial Auditorium $116.40

HA!!!!!!!!!!! i don't like pearl jam at all. but stiffing them $116.40 by sneaking into their concert could be fun. (heh, i grew up down the street from the aud, between my siblings & i, we's got the skills to get in there ;) ). heehee

what month is that? the next sunday that's an 11 is september.

at the very least, you'd probably be able to hear the whole thing outside the venue. yay to local entertainment!!!

what's wrong with pearl jam?

seriously - just because pop rockers have copied eddie vedder's vocal stylings - or tried to - and they make pretty straight ahead rock, doesn't mean that they're a poor act. they have always been retooling their sound and are constantly coming up with new material. they are all about the live show - i think that pearl jam, the dead, and phish are probably the only 3 bands that have jumped on the live show release wagon and put out scores of professionally produced live recordings.

how much were phish tickets when they were around?

how much were dead tix?

it could be argued that the difference is minimal when it comes down to profits...because pearl jam don't fill venues quite as sizeable as phish or the dead did in their heyday.

i'm not a big pearl jam fan but i think they keep getting better and better and are actually trying to improve as musicians.

as for drunkenness...they're rock stars. look at trey or bobby on a bad night...same shit.

pearl jam are not a band that are relying on their initial successes to keep going. people that want to hear the hits and only the hits have since moved on to nickelback.

i'd check em out of i had the flow. they're not very important to me but if i were so inclined to fork over the loot i'd be there in a flash. they give'r.

i dare to say that jeff ament is one of the most smartypants bass players i've ever heard. truly thoughtful tasteful phrasing and monster tone that sits right in the perfect place. he understands where his place is and where his instruments' places are - 4 string, 5 string, fretless, 12 string, 8 string...(yes he plays 12 string hamers from time to time (2 sympathetic strings over a fundamental)) and really gives that huge push a rock band needs.

the band is smart and tasteful...but they still won't be taking me anywhere the slip hasn't already.

they deserve far more respect than they've gotten in recent years. definitely one of the most influential bands of all time - but no serious acclaim lately

Terrible band.

They may not be now, but they were total corporate rock when they were formed (by their label).

I'm sorry, what are you talking about... I'm sure thats what Ament and Gossard were thinking when Andy Wood died of a Her-o OD... "How can we profit from this?" Leave your small-axe at home fry guy. And exactly why was Eddie a beach bum?... becasue we all know, surfing is a sure way to make money. Eddie's a corperate pirate who knows all the safe cove's... yar.

Also I credit evolution for their ultimate creation... those record label dorks were just at the right place at the right time. Same goes for all the band members in relation to themselves... and any of those who enjoy this music. BTW I'm not trying to convert, just defend... I need room to move at the shows.

;)

~W