Jambands.ca

My boss = Dumbass

AD

The conversation I just had

Boss: Alan, I'm sorry but you won't be working on that field project this summer.

Me: Oh, I didn't know I was going to be out in the field.

Boss: Yes, you were supposed to be going to Papua New Guinea for 6 weeks in June and July. We even had all your paperwork finished.

Me: Wow.

Boss: But now you can't go. I'll be on vacation and you need to do my work here in Ottawa.

Me: Well, that really sucks.

Boss: If you want you can sit in my office. I can bring in a mask to remind you of the natives.

Me: What?

For real, I hate my boss right now. 6 weeks in PNG or staring at a freakin' mask? Jerk.

AD

Why am I reminded of Office Space again?

"Now, I'm gonna let you stay late again tonight, alright? and if you could, you know, take over my job along with your own, that'd be just great, and by the way, I've decided not to put you in my office after all, but there's a great room down by the furnace that would be just great for you, alright? That's terrific."

There are too many Lumbergs in this world. :(

Deep breaths AD...I feel your pain. I've taken to affectionately referring to my boss as Gumby. She thinks it's because of these green pants she always wears. Only a select few of us really know that it's because she must be mighty flexible to get her head that far up her ass.

My boss=GOLD...In 1 year and 4 months I have met with him face to face twice...once to ask him for 4 days off to go to Evolve....which he agreed to, especially after I told him I was going camping in Antigonish N.S. Then he told me this story about how he wanted to go to ST FX but couldn't afford it, then drove to the east coast to go camping himself, and had to go to ST FX to get a t-shirt!!! Gotta love being a city worker...

Anyways...that's brutal AD...Ever thought of becoming a bus driver?

AD, don't let it get you down. you are going to laugh very heartily about this one day... the sooner, the better! he kinda sounds like elaine from seinfeld's out-there boss.

when i first read this, i thought "what a mean jerk, why would he bother telling you at all!!!". but although it totally sucks, it's kind of a compliment... i mean, obviously they wouldn't have sent you anywhere if you were a bad employee, so they must value you... so maybe his logic behind mentioning it was that you deserved to know they think you're great. even if it was a totally thoughtless and idiotic way to go about it....

Drag..I've heard good things about PNG from some of my co-workers. My beef with travel is that like so many other NGOs it's the "core" staff who are afforded travel opportunities and country tours, while the "support" staff has limited opportunities for those things. One day I hope to work somewhere where marketing and communications isn't considered a support service...crikes!