Jambands.ca

google sat maps - area 51

bouche

Probably not, no.

But then again those pics of Area 51 are not really top secret...

I have some top secret pictures of my bum I can host for people if you want...

I have some pretty detailed nuclear power plant data from Washington state though... hehehe.

AD

Its funny...this reminds me of a talk I attended at the University of Waterloo...a geography professor (Ellsworth LeDrew), who studies coral reefs (much of it via satallite images) was planning, along with many other prof's and various University's and a few big business's, on launching a satallite that could zoom in and photograph a very small area (1 metre square is the figure I seem to remember), but first needed permission by the American government to launch it...they did not grant permission and the project was scrapped...not sure if it ever got off the ground (no pun intended) as this was several years ago...

mike

Its funny...this reminds me of a talk I attended at the University of Waterloo...a geography professor (Ellsworth LeDrew), who studies coral reefs (much of it via satallite images) was planning, along with many other prof's and various University's and a few big business's, on launching a satallite that could zoom in and photograph a very small area (1 metre square is the figure I seem to remember), but first needed permission by the American government to launch it...they did not grant permission and the project was scrapped...not sure if it ever got off the ground (no pun intended) as this was several years ago...

mike

The highest-resolution commercial imagery available right now is from QuickBird, with a 20 centimetre pixel size on the ground.

There are lots of regulatory bodies to go through for these satellites, you are right about that. I have heard that story about the high-res Canadian sat that no-one will launch too.

AD