Jambands.ca

Worst Show Ever

Dr_Evil_Mouse

So I'm scrolling through the Archive looking for well-reviewed, never-heard Dead shows, and I stumble across 87-03-03 (a couple of jokers gave the show five stars), which I've been grimacing through for pretty much every song. The Iko is especially painful. So is the Saint of Circumstance (you can hear Bobby getting really pissed off). Jerry just about lost a verse on Terrapin. I've still got my fingers crossed for the rest of this one.

I'm sure that's not as bad as it might get - and hey, it's the bad bits that make the good bits glow especially bright, can't have one without the other with this sort of thing, and all that - but just for future reference, can I get some good tips on shows that might best be reserved for their comedic (or grimace) value? Or do these just go down the memory hole?

holy crap, booche has a tape, i think it's also from about 87, where booby's guitar is hilariously out of tune.

when we first heard it years ago we figured it was some sort of spacey effect (we dosed a lot back then), but when we listened to it a couple of years ago on the way to TO for a Gov't Mule show we almost went off the road from laughing so hard at it...

booche, any thoughts?

As exciting as it was for me to see Bob Dylan perform in my fair city, his concert at Kingston Ontario's Memorial Centre 05/30/90 was dreadful. The show was sold-out, but the Memorial Centre's drab acoustics along with the building's naturally dank atmosphere sucked the life out of Dylan and the crowd.

Also, seeing G.E. Smith's smug face in person made me violent. Sue Medley opened... missed her.

Edited by Guest