Jambands.ca

TRAILER PARK BOYS discussion thread

StoneMtn

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my favourite season. I agree that Season 4 was lacking, and that the creators definitely caught on to what they were doing wrong. I think that the two most notable points that they reverted back to this season are:

1. low budget again (integral)

2. shit analogies!

I also agree, though, NOT ENOUGH J-ROC.

I think that today's episode was one of my favourites ever, apart from some season finales.

1. Julian screws Ricky and Ray by giving drunken crazy Lahey all their money to try to buy back the trailer.

2. Trevor sells the boys out: "C'mon Trevor. I'm on a fishing expedition here. Help me out!" "You mean you know about the hash driveway?"

3. Ricky tells Family Court that his whole family smokes tonnes of dope and drinks their faces off, and somehow brings Trinity home from juvenile hall.

4. Ricky finds out Julian screws him with the money and retains Cory and Trevor to attack Julian and Bubbles.

5. Lahey arranges for Cyrus and his gang to get out of prison.

This is an awesome setup for the season finale next week.

Here's my call for this season finale:

1. Julian, Ricky and Bubbles go to prison for hash and for some crazy violent incident in public involving Cyrus and his gang.

2. Lahey and Randy go to prison for something that involved instigating the whole thing that caused the Boys to go to prison.

3. Cory and Trevor end up in prison as collateral damage; or somehow get rewarded and live happily with Sara while everyone else is in prison until next season.

4. Trinity is taken away by Social Services.

5. Lucy goes to prison for some drunken crazy freakout when Social Services comes for Trinity

I've had two thoughts:

1. Did Ricky ever return the go-kart to Bubbles after commandeering it last night to go pick up Trinity? Didn't they come back on a bicycle?

2. Wouldn't it rock if Cyrus and the Flappy Bird Brothers ended up "in power" and in control of the park at the end of next episode? jest.gif

big_grin.giflaugh2.gif

Oh, your #2 sounds kinda fun StnMtn. The Flappin Bird Brothers have soooo much potential, specially since they are mixed in with Cyrus. I love that character.

"I think Ricky's gonna have a heart attack!"

[color:purple]Nice work Sherlock. Ricky is either having a heart attack this week, or next season.

So, this is it. One more day until the season finale.

Let's hear some theories and predictions; the wackier the better.

To recap what we have so far, I've predicted:

1. Julian, Ricky and Bubbles go to prison for hash and for some crazy violent incident in public involving Cyrus and his gang.

2. Lahey and Randy go to prison for something that involved instigating the whole thing that caused the Boys to go to prison.

3. Cory and Trevor end up in prison as collateral damage; or somehow get rewarded and live happily with Sara while everyone else is in prison until next season.

5. Lucy goes to prison for some drunken crazy freakout when Social Services comes for Trinity

... and then added:

Wouldn't it rock if Cyrus and the Flappy Bird Brothers ended up "in power" and in control of the park at the end of next episode?

rubberdinghy and Booche are certain Ricky's gonna have a heart attack.

So, what other theories are out there? There must be some?

I predict that, for the first season ever, Ricky and Julian don't go to jail.

Instead, Lahey and Randy somehow get charged with possession of the hash and go to jail for it.

Lucy will go to the drunk tank and Trinity will end up in Juvie.

Bubbles will become trailer park supervisor and he will have an affair with Sara. Seeing this, Trevor and Cory will end up working for Cyrus' gang in trade for getting J-Roc out of jail, with a promise that the Flappy Bird Brothers can star in J-Roc's next film.

Ray doesn't get out of jail.

1. Julian screws Ricky and Ray by giving drunken crazy Lahey all their money to try to buy back the trailer.

2. Trevor sells the boys out: "C'mon Trevor. I'm on a fishing expedition here. Help me out!" "You mean you know about the hash driveway?"

3. Ricky tells Family Court that his whole family smokes tonnes of dope and drinks their faces off, and somehow brings Trinity home from juvenile hall.

4. Ricky finds out Julian screws him with the money and retains Cory and Trevor to attack Julian and Bubbles.

5. Lahey arranges for Cyrus and his gang to get out of prison.

This is an awesome setup for the season finale next week.

Here's my call for this season finale:

I finally got to see the last two episodes. Ms.Hux pointed out something fricken' odd. Lahey has been describing Julian as 'sexy'. If you watch the most recent episode where Trevor and Cory are playing vids in Lahey's trailer, you'll see Lahey put on Deodorant like cologne when he hears Julian knockin' on the door. This show has way too many details.

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that.

Well, that may not change any of my predictions as far as how they end up, but it might mean that part of the craziness that leads up to everyone going to jail, could involve Lahey throwing himself at Julian.

In fact, I can see it now. Lahey'll throw himself at Julian, which will cause Randy to lose it, which will be the reason that Lahey and Randy end up doing something insane that lands them in jail. As for the rest of tomorrow's show, I still say see my predictions above.

I think this is gonna be good!

If you have access to an FTP server, and you ask him really nicely, I think Bouche could transfer a whole bunch of episodes to ya online...

Bear in mind, though, that the show's an acquired taste. You come to love it as you get to know the characters, but you have to watch a few episodes before you get into it. Once you do, though, you should go back and re-watch the first episodes you saw.

BTW, I think the show is on US television, but they've censored out all the profanity. Once you see the show, you'll realize how absurd that is.

I've only grabbed the last bunch of this season because I kept missing them. It's my virtual VCR. I would recommend checking out the first few seasons on DVD first and work up to this season. It starts off so bad...the acting, the characters, the sets but you get to watch everything evolve.

I definitely agree that it would be best to watch the whole show from the beginning.

Actually, KarinAnnie, I used to have copies of the first few seasons on VCD. (Before I had cable, I downloaded them from Kazaa, instead of watching on TV. I tried to go as long as I could without cable; but eventually broke down and ordered it.)

I just looked, and seem to only still have the first three episodes of Season 4. I can't figure out what happened to the rest. It's not the highest quality (being VCD) but it'll still play in your DVD player, and if you PM me an address, I'll find whatever I have and mail it to you. It may only be three episodes from Season 4, but it's a start. (You could also get the rest through Kazaa, or bit torrent if you're into that sorta thing.)

Anyway, PM me a snail mail address and I'll mail out at least one disc with three episodes for you this week.

sm

Now that Bouche pointed it out (and I'm now rememberng Lahey slapping deodorant on his face, actually not cologne, in anticipation of Julian arriving) I'm excited to see that weirdness unfold.

I know we can expect some good gunfights, arrests, and maybe even an explosion or two. I'm sure the local Nova Scotia media will show up on the scene as well.

Oooooooohhhhh this is a big day....

(Ya, I need to get a life. I think I'm turning into one of those Star Wars Kids, but for TPB! I'm a nerd. ;) )