Jambands.ca

Hypnotism?

Im going home Donny

Just curious if anyones ever been Hypnotized?

Kinda tempted to give it a try to...er,um...keep on the quit smoking train.

Also wondering if anyones ever tried Acupunture? Apparently for addictions they stick all the needles in your ear!

Any Ottawa kids interested in a group Hypnotism sesh? I think I'd be less scared of letting someone into the recesses of my mind in a group rather than alone.

hey howler - my dad quit smoking with the help of acupuncture many many years ago. (ya, the needle(s) go in your ear, and he actually had a little metal thing that he wore in his ear between sessions too)

i happen to have spoken with him tonight, and he says he's recently started acupuncture to quit (or reduce) his drinking --- he sounded so great describing the clarity and calm he's feeling --- it's doing him so much good he's a freakin pro on the golf course --- he shot a hole in one on a 300 yard hole last week. a hole in freakin one. my dad rocks.

to be fair i should mention i have found a stashed pack of smokes in his truck, but he is definitely a non-smoker with the occasional indulgence. i say give it a try - from my dad's experience it helps your whole state of mind as well as helping with your addiction.

i know nothing of hypnotism, other than from the movie Office Space. seemed to work well there.

I've been hypnotised by The Man They Call Reveen, and no, I'm not interested in a group session, thank you.

At the NAC?

I always wondered about those group hypnotism shows. I figured no one wants to look like a party pooper so they just go along with the program. But, umm... is it real?

oh Raveen is one of those entertainment dudes...nope not what I'm looking for....pretty wild stuff. I wonder if a hypnotist could make me remember eveything I've ever learned and forgotten! That would be cool.

I remember Raveen used to peddle his stop smoking cassettes after each performance so don't knock him just yet!

Sadly, he is not too well chronicled on the google search engine. That or I'm really mispelling his name.

Laing, the guy I've got presently in my signature line, was always big on the idea that everyone goes through a process of hypnosis growing up in their own families, from which few people ever quite recover; professional hypnotists are only a sensationalistic expression of the same thing. I think that goes a good way towards explaining why most people I run into (including myself) tend to be at best half-conscious and susceptible to all sorts of stuff they wouldn't otherwise choose to do themselves.

Edited by Guest

Kaidy Mae, thanks alot I'll check that out.

Cassette tapes? If its that easy to be hypnotised mabey I should look into self-hypnosis books...hmm...tottally not into being made to do outlandish stuff, pretty good at tackling that on my own! ;)

checked out that site, very interesting! I'm so in but I'll need to find someone closer to home...alleviate anger, stress, insomia, grieving,pain and quit smoking..et,et....HELLO Hypnotist! It would be super, awesome to stop dreaming about being trapped in the fire at my old place.

Edited by Guest

I was hypnotized once..

didn;t think it had worked till I stood up took off my shirt and beat my chest liek an ape in the middle of a full auditorium...

funny stuff.

Are you conscious of anything while this is going on? Or is it a defacto "blackout"?

I was conscious of my weirdness when it was going on.

I was not conscious right before.

He glued my hands together mentally. I came to, and tried to pry my hands apart. I was very weirded out...I tried pulling and pushing, getting my knee in there. I even stopped and said to myself "okay look, there's nothing holding your hands together, just open 'em up and..." No dice.

He said the magic word and my hands flew apart.