Jambands.ca

Paul

Sure would be nice to get out and shake a leg tonight, but I'm kind of excited to just hang out at the campfire and stare at the flames. hehehe

For any of you in the northern parts who want to stop by, send me a PM. Brian and I will be kicking off 420 activities at the appropriate time. :P

Nine teenagers have been suspended from Ernestown Secondary School in Odessa after police caught them smoking marijuana in a village house.

The students, aged 14 to 18, were apprehended about 1 p.m. Wednesday after a neighbour warned the home's owner that the youths were smoking up in his house, said Loyalist OPP Sgt. Glenn Cunningham.

The homeowner went to the local OPP detachment and asked for help, returning to the house with Cunningham and another officer.

Cunningham said he heard that students from other area high schools had also skipped classes to celebrate a pot-smoking event called 420, a widespread pro-marijuana rally on the 20th day of the fourth month of the year.

The number 420 also represents 4:20 p.m., the time of day pot-smokers consider the universal toking time.

"Apparently, a lot of the senior kids skipped classes to participate in this event," Cunningham said yesterday.

The nine students are being dealt with under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, which allows apprehending officers to use alternative measures rather than charging the youths.

The nine students are being dealt with under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, which allows apprehending officers to use alternative measures rather than charging the youths.

"Alternate measures"? Well that could mean pretty much anything, couldn't it? I can see these parents shuttling their kids off to any of the re-education facilities most recommended by Focus on the Family.

Good to know at least that Odessa's got a bit of live culture.